“Great Greek food with a...”

Matsos Greek Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 107 Restaurants in Wooster
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Greek food with a...”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Great Greek food with a seasoned cook/restarauntuer making sure every bit of food is made right.

Wadsworth, Ohio
“We're sorry, there is no service available here, please try another restaurant!”
Reviewed August 21, 2008

My girlfriend and I went to Matso’s about a week ago after being told it was a decent place to eat by a few of my co-workers, and after reading all good reviews on here. We were seated promptly, and then NOTHING, literally! We waited for about twenty minutes after we were seated, and we never even had anyone come by for a drink order, much less a food order. Now, you might be thinking that they were probably busy, however, half the tables in the place were empty, and they had at least five servers that we noticed! During the twenty minutes that we waited, three different servers stopped by to tell us: “I’m sorry that I can not take our order because the owner won’t let me take an order until he tells me that it is my table”. Well, that would have been fine except for the fact that he never did assign our table to anyone! But wait, this gets even worse! He (the owner) came by himself about 10 minutes into our wait, telling us that someone would be right with us! We finally had had enough and we got up to leave. While we were walking out, the owner had the audacity to ask me: "Why are you leaving?” I told him: "No one wanted to serve us, and we are going somewhere where they will serve us." All of a sudden he wanted to serve us, I told him that it was too late and we left. Obviously, I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone! Do not waste your time, irregardless of if the food is good, this place is very poorly run. I put the full blame for our experience on the owner, not the servers; they were just doing what he told them to do.

1 Thank geckoj0623
Boston area
“Real food in a real town”
Reviewed April 22, 2008

If you find yourself in Wooster Ohio, and it's time to eat you have basically three categories from which to choose: franchise fast food (including Appleby's and its ilk), pizza and "grinders" (hoagies/heroes/subs), or real food. Choose the latter. If you get to Liberty Street, look no further that Matsos Family Restaurant. They have real food, but they also have grinders and pizza for everyone's taste. We had the souvlaki (beef was only OK), the house baked chicken (outstanding, with a sweet and tangy tomato-based sauce), and chicken Greek Salad (a solid execution of a standard dish). The proprietor is on the premises, and Spiro Matsos is the MAN. A class act in an out-of-the-way town.

2 Thank gill052
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great authentic Greek restaurant. If you don't know what Greek food is, go there and order something. What you get on...”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Great authentic Greek restaurant. If you don't know what Greek food is, go there and order something. What you get on your plate is Greek. Highly recommended.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook