“Supreme Authentic Hungarian Pastries”

Tulipan Hungarian Pastry & Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Wooster
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Hungarian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
“Supreme Authentic Hungarian Pastries”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having been by this shop many times after it had closed, we were excited to see we were going to be able to go inside this time! I had noticed there were people pouring inside right at closing time. Well it was worth the wait. $45 later we came out loaded with heavenly tasting pastries,like my husband's Hungarian grandmother used to make. My favorite: the Lemon Torte layers of creamy sweet lemon. Next
visit we will eat inside!

1 Thank Timberlake33

Cincinnati
“Holy Kolachis!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I did not have a meal from here, but I did have quite a sampling of their cookies, cakes and strudels. All of them were fantastic-- from the poppy seed rolls to the linzer wreath cookies. This is a not-to-be-missed establishment in Wooster. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. They patiently answered all my questions. They even recommended items that would travel better than others. Really nice touch. They have a HUGE assortment of cookies, strudels, kolachis, rolls and cakes. This, with a nice cup of coffee or espresso will make you think you've ended up in Europe for a minute. I ended up going here twice. The second time, I got almond, honey cake, a dozen kolachis and I also got a wonderful loaf of challah. I'd definitely return here, and will recommend it to anyone I know visiting or driving through Wooster.

1 Thank Bookstax
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A small hole-in-the-wall breakfast delight!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was in Wooster, Ohio, solely because of a child starting college there, but I spied this small shop just off the main street and had a delightful, Viennese-like breakfast with hot coffee and warm pastries just out of the oven. A great variety of tasty pastries was on hand and two wonderful women helping break my diet. I shall return. Yum, Yum...

1 Thank TimmyOT
Albany NY
“Wonderful pastries!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Tulipan is a must-visit if you're in Wooster! The establishment is owned and run by a delightful woman originally from Budapest who makes the visit welcoming and friendly. They serve a wide array of soups, omelettes, sandwiches, etc. Great selection of beverages, special coffees and teas. But the best part is the pastries, any one of which is worth a trip to Tulipan. There are strudels (our favorites were cherry and poppyseed), cakes, napoleons (yummy) and much,much more. It's a relaxed, old-world sort of place where you can sit for a while, read the paper, sip your coffee, and delight in the pastries. It's right in the center of town with easy parking. We've been there several times and wouldn't think of a stay in Wooster without a couple of stops at Tulipan.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank LeeAlbany
Dover, Ohio
“Unique coffee & pastry shop with European style”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found this very unique coffee shop in downtown Wooster. It brought back great memories of a vaction in Europe. While most coffee shops offer a muffin, donut or a scone, this shop has a wonderful selection of european pastries. I had a poppy seed roll and a cheese strudel. I wish I had more time to have lunch. Will definetely go back.

• Visited May 2013