“I will be back”

The Granary Restaurant at Pine Tree Barn
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Wooster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open 7 days a week, The Granary Restaurant at Pine Tree Barn is located in a restored historic barn overlooking the Killbuck Valley, lakes and family Christmas tree farm, serving lunch only from 11 am until 2:30 pm. The Granary serves a seasonal menu featuring (depending on the time of year) house-made quiches, sandwiches, pizzas, crepes, soups, pastas, gourmet salads and home-made desserts in a charming, intimate setting. Afterward, explore the 25,000 square foot showroom of beautiful gifts, home furnishings and boutique.
Solon, Ohio
“I will be back”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

What a fine experience! The food and service were wonderful. Enjoy the many unique shops attached to the restaurant.
I will be back. Worth the drive from wherever you are.

• Visited July 2014

Wooster, Ohio
“A hidden jewel tucked in a country barn”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our retiree's July luncheon was held at the Granary Restaurant of The Pine Tree Barn. It's Wednesday, but by the time we arrived, dining room only had a few tables available and outdoor tables with lake views were mostly taken. Our waitress came not long after we sat down. I had browsed the menu online the day before, had general idea what I would order. It's a bistro, serving soup, salad, sandwiches and quiche. I ordered quiche du jour with bacon and my husband ordered chicken fruit salad. My friends ordered their specialty salads and sandwich.Salads were loaded with fresh cut fruits or vegetables and come with bread or their signature lemon crumb muffin. My quiche came as the way I expected: a wedge of thick pie filled with soft creamy custard, bacon pieces and cheese; tasted fresh and rich flavors. Crust was thin but the texture had lost a bit of its flakiness, could be due to the pie was baked earlier on the day and moisture from custard softened it. Other than that, chef did a good job making a good quiche. Their signature lemon crumb muffin is a must to have. The prize winning muffins are made with 100% nature ingredients; unlike ordinary muffins that often taste sweet and heavy; their muffins are very light and lemony. These muffins are made fresh daily and the packages of 2 or 4 are available for you to take home. It's a bit pricey for the sake of muffins($1.95/ea.) but after you try you won't regret it. Atmosphere inside and outside are very pleasant. Inside the barn there are showrooms of various high quality crafted and gift items and large pieces furniture for you to browse and shop. The views of the lake, greenery, valley and pine tree nursery next to it are very refreshing. It's not far from the main city and an easy access from highway. The special themed events are held through out the year; check their calendar for detailed information. The Granary and Pine Tree Barn website http://www.pinetreebarn.com/dining/gourmet-dining

• Visited July 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place to take your Grandmother”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

First off, the food was very, very well prepared. High degree of quality to all items offered. Salads were outstanding with excellent house prepared dressings. Pricier than one would expect but you are receiving real quality which in my book means it is a good value.

Beautiful view over the ridge across the valley. Nice outdoor area.

Attached to expansive retail shop which takes me to the real clientele is what I would call society women and more elderly patrons. The place allows for a leisurely dining experience, nothing is fast paced. Not the place I would take a group of young children.

One note restrooms are downstairs which are steep and a little difficult to navigate. Take care taking a limited mobility patron there.

• Visited June 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Can be a good place for lunch or not”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have shopped at the Pine Tree Barn for furniture and gifts and enjoy the selection and quaint, rustic layout. Of course being the Christmas holidays the decorations were oustanding.Usually we stop for lunch at their restaurant, the Granary, which has been good for lunch in the past. This time however they were uneven. My companions' soups were very tasty and the salads very fresh. However, My pasta dish had a sauce that was flat and tasteless. For high marks, their lemon crumb muffins are sinfully delicious and luckily you can buy extras to take home. We will of course give it another try in the future. The dining area has a lovely view of the ouside grounds. Service was very good.

• Visited December 2012
Ashland, Ohio
“Always love the Pine Tree Barn”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Be prepared, it is always busy. I love looking at the furniture and sometimes I find a great deal. The food is always good in the restaurant but is higher end. If you have small children, I am not sure the cuisine is appropriate. My sister and I usually come for lunch and browse. Great place for a girls day out!