“Not worthy of the Hilton name”

Hilton Garden Inn Wooster
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed a Saturday night while in town for a high school graduation. We checked in, parked, and went to the side door near our room. A drunken young man was lying on the sidewalk with 4 friends around him. The room was noisy, bed was too soft (seemed worn out), the bottom of the shower seemed dirty, and our toilet stopped draining in the morning and wasn't usable. The pool water was cloudy. My father had booked the room in my name, and paid in advance, but the room ended up getting charged to my credit card. The manager was of no help in resolving it and disregarded all of our complaints, even telling my husband that the drunken guy must not have been staying at this hotel. (Puzzling since his friends had the hotel's side door open at 9:30 p.m. at night.) I don't like to give poor reviews, but this hotel and the manager's response were very disappointing. I expected much more for the price and the Hilton nameplate.

Room Tip: The junior suite is spacious and if you run the fan full-time you don't hear much noise from the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Megan M

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Worst hotel experience ever! First off getting I to the room we looked at the sheets on the bed and there was a long hair. Pulled the sheets back and there was a pubic hair on the fitted sheet. On the duvet cover was a stain. Went Into the bathroom and there was soap scum all over the shower walls. The bathroom wasnt cleaned at all. My husband told me we could get past that and never said anything. After awhile I noticed a sheet under the chair. Started pulling it out and it had fecies all over it!!! We took a picture of it and went straight to the front desk. Would never go back to this Hilton again. It gives the Hilton chain a bad rating. A shame! Room was comped but my opinion should have never been like that for a guest to walk Into.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Tbooth2304
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Staff very friendly, efficient. Rooms nice, breakfast outstanding. Only negative comment directed towards staff who did not recognize gold status level for HHilton Honors program. Location was convenient to food, stores and central Amish tourist area. Hot tub not hot even after being serviced by staff. Lobby has very pleasant atmosphere, fresh baked cookies at night and fresh fruit flavored water during the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this location and enjoyed it. It is set in a quiet area but within a short drive to both the downtown Wooster area in one direction and the strip of chain stores and restaurants in the other. The room was clean, good sized and comfortable. The gal at the front desk was interesting. Pleasant enough, and I'm sure all travelers know the type--she would answer any question I had but didn't volunteer or offer a thing. An example was I asked about restaurants and she gave me a piece of paper with a list of restaurants on it. No other comment. The next morning I saw a couple checking in and the gal behind the desk was handing them travel brochures, asking them what kind of food they wanted, etc. To me that epitomized the difference between adequate service and really good service. Oddly there was no local travel information available in the lobby which I would have liked. Pool and hot tub were in working order as were the 2 computers and printers in the business center. At all times there was a table with coffee, fruit, water available in the lobby. In the late afternoon they added cookies to the mix. There was a restaurant and small bar area immediately adjacent to the lobby which I liked very much. All in all it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Quiet, quality accomodations in Wooster, OH. In addition to a quality night's sleep, this hotel offers guests all the amenities they could want (or need). I have stayed here many times in the past and will return when I am in the Wooster area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My experience at this hotel was very pleasant. I called ahead numerous times to sort out details for the group I was traveling with, and staff members were very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A veritable safe, comfortable haven! The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and informative. In needed directions and the front desk personnel got the for me quickly and efficiently. They also pointed the land marks I should look for. Enjoyed my stay and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wooster
Hampton Inn Wooster by Hilton
Berlin Resort
Berlin Resort
#4 of 5 in Berlin
Comfort Suites Berlin Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Wooster? Share your experiences!