“Another Hilton hit.”

Hilton Garden Inn Wooster
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Walked into the lobby and was very impressed. It's beautiful. Dining area to the left (breakfast, lunch and dinner are cooked to order), beautiful sitting area to the right with fireplace and flat screen TV. Everything was very clean. We had breakfast there, and the food was abundant and delicious. Plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, juices. For breakfast, you can order eggs, waffles, french toast, and other options. There's also a small bar, as well as a well stocked "pantry" next to the check in desk that offered sodas/drinks and snacks. They even offered microwavable popcorn, Stouffers mac and cheese and other non-candy items.

Bathroom was a bit small, but clean and handled two women just fine. Only complaint was no fan.

Room had two queens of average comfort. The bedding was clean and just the right weight. Roomy desk with a Herman Miller chair and desk lamp. Flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker. There was a comfy armchair and little table. Plenty of lighting and pillows.

The temperature and room fan are controled via thermostat on the wall. I did turn on the fan at one point, but it was too loud for TV watching. I didn't mind it at night, as it provided "white noise." I was able to hear the next door's shower, and some other noises, but they weren't intrusive. We turned the fan off in the morning and the room was still comfortable later that night.

There is an ice machine and soda vending on each floor. Pool and hot tub with a small exercise room on the first floor. The hotel is on the outskirts of town, so there's not much around it (a gas station with a mini mart) but the center of the city is only a 10 minute drive. It took us 8 minutes to get to an area with several restaurants and shopping.

This is the second Hilton Garden Inn I've stayed at in two months and both were very enjoyable. The staff at both were very friendly and eager to help. They seem to genuinely want you to have a good stay.

Room Tip: The hotel faces east, so rooms in the front get morning light.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HGI_Wooster, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are all so glad that you had a nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Wooster. We look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had planned a weekend here for my husband's birthday and it started off wrong from the get go. As we started to check in they couldn't get my credit card to slide through correctly. She tried twice then just stood there with a blank stare. I offered to pay cash but wouldn't let me and I had to ask her what other options I had because I had planned this stay over a month ago. Finally the manager came out and told me their rooms were way too valuable to even be able to put extra cash down as a deposit and proceeded to tell me there were plenty of hotels nearby that I could stay at. He was extremely rude and offered no help or sympathy even for the situation. So after getting my other card from home we finally get into this supposed highly valuable room...we literally laughed when we entered our room. It's extremely small for a king suite, beat up and scratched furniture, carpet fraying at the bathroom door and just extremely underwhelming after everything we had been through to get into this room. Very nice building on the outside and beautiful lobby but the rooms do not match this at all. We won't be staying here again and it just really bothered me how quick they were to try to turn us away after the minor card mishap. They really don't seem to care.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Lintrrll
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We reserved the hotel as part of a college sports team, group booking. The room was pleasant and clean. It had no vanity outside the bathroom, which is not the optimum for us. We found the thermostat hard to regulate, but the preset temperature was not uncomfortable. The beds were quite comfy and the staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. We had breakfast at the hotel--an extra charge. It was a buffet with short order service for eggs, omelets etc.--all very good and worth the 10.00 per head. All in all it was a pleasant stay, and I'd do it again. We did not have time to visit the gym or pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LB K

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such nice things to say! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as breakfast. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Wooster Area again.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel every other week. The rooms are really nice. I like the gym because it has a bench with dumbells. The pool and hot tub are nice. The only criticism that I have is that they need stronger coffee in the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scubaarchery

Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was wonderful, staff was friendly, and the room was clean, the lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays but not over done. The breakfast is a great option, I was not there long enough to use the exercise facility or the pool and hot tub, they are small but again very inviting. This hotel is not too far from downtown Wooster, which is worth exploring as there are a variety of locally owned shops.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My company has an office in Wooster so I stay at the HGI several times a year (as well as others from my company). It is consistently nice, clean and the staff is always helpful and very friendly. I decided I would review again since it has been awhile since I last reviewed! We were in town for business and our company holiday party and had a few large boxes shipped to us at the hotel. We had no problem retrieving these and the front desk staff was quite helpful in this. We had to switch rooms right away because we were accross from the elavator and it was very noisy, you could hear every word from people coming in and out! They switched us with no problem however, and our new room was just as good as the previous one. We had breakfast vouchers for free continental breakfast which was nice! The pantry is always a convenient place to grab a snack or drink - there was one thing that was a little odd however. We had to use a luggage cart to bring the said boxes down from our room for our party - we had it for about a half hour while we were loading it up and getting ready to bring it down when the general manager knocked on our door and acted really annoyed that we were using it. He wasn't very friendly, said they had been looking for it for about 15 minutes and needed it. So I had to unload the boxes, even though I explained that we were just about to bring it down to our car, while he was very agitated. He didn't even offer to bring it back up! So a few minutes later, we had to go down and get a cart (of the THREE that were down there, why was it so urgent to take the one we were using?) and bring it right back up. It was totally ridiculous and he made us feel like we were doing something wrong by using it. Our company ALWAYS stays at this HGI and spends thousands of dollars a year here, this was the first time I have encountered this sort of customer service. I'm hoping he was just having a grouchy day and took it out on us because otherwise you may want to reconsider your management!

Room Tip: Dont' stay accross from the Elevators!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LolovesZ
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Over the past 6 years my husband & I have stayed at this hotel at least 60 times. Over the years the service has gone down the tubes. The hotel has gotten a bit dirty. I have noticed the tubs have mold, the drains seldom drain, the remotes usually need batteries and when I requested cribs for my 2 newborns I was given 2 DIRTY portable cribs. I will say breakfast is always fresh, always delicious and the kitchen staff is very pleasant unlike the front desk. I recently requested 2 adjoining room of my 4 room reservation since the hotel was built with adjoining rooms but was told they don't accommodate requests such as mine. Why would Hilton build a hotel with adjoining room and not fill such a request? My money will no longer be spent at Hilton Garden Inn; I will be staying at the St. Paul Hotel downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CarrieKA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wooster
Hampton Inn Wooster by Hilton
Berlin Resort
Berlin Resort
#3 of 5 in Berlin
Comfort Suites Berlin Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Wooster? Share your experiences!