Walked into the lobby and was very impressed. It's beautiful. Dining area to the left (breakfast, lunch and dinner are cooked to order), beautiful sitting area to the right with fireplace and flat screen TV. Everything was very clean. We had breakfast there, and the food was abundant and delicious. Plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, juices. For breakfast, you can order eggs, waffles, french toast, and other options. There's also a small bar, as well as a well stocked "pantry" next to the check in desk that offered sodas/drinks and snacks. They even offered microwavable popcorn, Stouffers mac and cheese and other non-candy items.
Bathroom was a bit small, but clean and handled two women just fine. Only complaint was no fan.
Room had two queens of average comfort. The bedding was clean and just the right weight. Roomy desk with a Herman Miller chair and desk lamp. Flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker. There was a comfy armchair and little table. Plenty of lighting and pillows.
The temperature and room fan are controled via thermostat on the wall. I did turn on the fan at one point, but it was too loud for TV watching. I didn't mind it at night, as it provided "white noise." I was able to hear the next door's shower, and some other noises, but they weren't intrusive. We turned the fan off in the morning and the room was still comfortable later that night.
There is an ice machine and soda vending on each floor. Pool and hot tub with a small exercise room on the first floor. The hotel is on the outskirts of town, so there's not much around it (a gas station with a mini mart) but the center of the city is only a 10 minute drive. It took us 8 minutes to get to an area with several restaurants and shopping.
This is the second Hilton Garden Inn I've stayed at in two months and both were very enjoyable. The staff at both were very friendly and eager to help. They seem to genuinely want you to have a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Wooster is conveniently located next to The Ohio State University ATI/OARDC campus and just minutes from downtown Wooster with easy access to US Rt 30. Our hotel has 92 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms to accommodate all of your traveling needs. Begin your day with a cooked-to-order breakfast and stay connected with complimentary WiFi access and catch up on emails in the 24-hour business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Wooster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Wooster Hotel Wooster
- Wooster Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Wooster
- Hilton Garden Inn Wooster Ohio