All reviews included fresh fruit two bedroom suite national historic register homemade jams wonderful hosts fabulous stay breakfast was delicious window seat college of wooster my daughter in town place to stay ohio light opera other guests everett genevieve founded
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a regular B&B guest at locations across the country and The Gasche House would absolutely be at the top of the list!! The historic preservation is obvious throughout the property without sacrificing modern comfort. Spacious rooms and a beautiful, fully stocked community bathroom. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the window seat area complete with coloring books and a plethora of crayons.

Bill and Genevieve were gracious, friendly and very accommodating hosts. We spent the evening at the house in the parlor with access to tv, magazines, full bookshelves and warm cookies and tea/coffee. BreakfSt both mornings was delicious and relaxing. It was the perfect start to our day!! I highly recommend The Gasche House to anyone staying in or around the Wooster area. You too will be incredibly pleased with your choice in accommodations! We will absolutely be returning!

Roseyn H.
Denver, Colorado

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GenevieveE81, Owner at The Gasche House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Roseyn,
Thank you for the wonderful review.
It was a pleasure meeting you and Langston. Hopefully the College of Wooster will be his choice.
I hope our paths cross again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed with Genevieve and Bill Everett at Gasche House for two nights while visiting the College Of Wooster. We had a wonderful experience. It was POURING rain when we arrived and Bill braved the elements to welcome us with umbrellas to make it from the car to the house. With a warm welcome, including some tea (or coffee if you prefer) we found this historic house to be beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and comfortable. The mattresses were very comfortable, and even though the house was built before the civil war, no allergies were triggered. Each bedroom was beautiful and comfortable. Because I was interested in the history of the house, Genevieve allowed me to view the empty rooms and described the homes history. There was also a nice write up in the parlor. We had dinner at a recommended restaurant, Broken Rock, which hit he spot for me and my son. There were home baked chiocolate chip and snickerdoodle cookies and a stocked mini fridge available for snacking. A window seat at the top of the stairs made a cozy spot to read. Breakfast was delicious, and the hosts easily took dietary needs into account. The hosts were available for a chat if you’re in the mood, and provide privacy if not. We have stayed elsewhere in Wooster during past visits at places that were fine, but would definitely prefer to return to Gasche House in the future. Possibly the best B&B I have stayed at over 30 years.

Date of stay: February 2019

Hi Jeanne,
It was great meeting you and Joe. I enjoyed talking with you and learning about your career.
I'm sure Joe will do well wherever he decides to go to college.
It is always fun showing the house to people because it has so much history and it is such a great place. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour and your stay.
Thank You for the wonderful review. It lets us know we are on the right track as far as making the Gasche House the place to stay in Wooster.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 2, 2018

Every detail was top notch, from the comfortable bed and quality linens to the lovely decor and the delicious breakfasts. The host was very friendly. I'd love to stay there again. Spotless house, homemade cookies, and super soft towels!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GenevieveE81, Owner at The Gasche House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2018

Hi Valerie and Clayton,
Hope this finds you doing well.
THANK YOU for the wonderful review. We appreciate you taking time to write it.
We work hard on the details, and it is always great when someone like you notices!

We'd LOVE to have you stay again!!

Reviewed September 25, 2018

I had a wonderful stay at the Gasche House. It's a beautiful, comfortable, clean place on Founders Row, located near the college and downtown. It's also a great value--it has the kind of style and amenities you would expect in much more expensive lodgings. The owners, Bill and Genevieve, could not be nicer or more hospitable. Genevieve has decorated and updated this elegant home with care and good taste, and her breakfasts and homemade jam are a treat. She and Bill live on-site in the back of the house, so they're usually around if you need help with anything. From the ceiling fans in the rooms to the cushy beds to the jar of homemade cookies in the hallway, Bill and Genevieve have gone out of their way to help people enjoy their visit. I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Wooster.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Have repeatedly stayed at Gasche House, and always have a fabulous stay. Bill and Genevieve are great hosts, always paying attention to detail. The house is fabulously clean and comfortable. This past trip, they knew we had to be on the road early and would miss traditional breakfast, so they packed it for us to go, including beverages in insulated cups. And they are truly the nicest people!

Date of stay: September 2018