“No Rewards”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“No Rewards”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

This motel is OK. The rooms were clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. The indoor pool was small, overchlorinated and a little hazy. The continental breakfast is all sugar and starch but that is expected I guess.
My biggest proble with is with the parent company policy on frequent stay rewards points.

If you want to earn Wyndham Rewards points don't book through travel sites such as Expedia and Travelocity. Even though the room rate from Expedia was exactly the same as the room rate quoted on the web site Wyndham Rewards will not give you frequent guest reward points.

This information can only be found by reading through lines and lines of small print legal mumbo jumbo in the tiny terms and conditions link at the bottom of the Wyndham Rewards Web site. When you click the members guide you are told it is "coming soon".

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
pittsburgh
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I needed a room in Wooster for two nights in order to visit my son who attends "The College of Wooster". We have visited this area twice before, and since I am a Hilton Hhonors member, we usually always stay in a Hilton property. The Hilton in Wooster was very nice when we stayed there, but this time when I was booking for just myself, I decided that I would look for something a little less pricey. I read the reviews on the Days Inn in Wooster and decided to trust the reviews (clean & comfortable) and I booked it. I made one mistake, I accidently booked thru hotels.com and thought I was calling the hotel direct. I asked if they gave discounts for parents who's children attend the college and was told "no". I later found out that instead of $79.00 per night, I would have paid $65.00!! Anyhow, the rooms were very clean, the staff very friendly, i forgot a razor, no problem, they gave me a disposable free of charge. I only had the breakfast one morning and it was good considering that the rooms are only $79.00/night. They had waffles, danish, bagels, cereal, juice and coffee. Juice and coffee are available 24/7. The parking lot was well lite and since I was traveling along, I felt safe. I was shocked to find an in room safe, microwave, and refrigerator!! All making this trip very nice. If you have time, go to the Pine Tree Barn, I could have spent a whole day there. We also had lunch at it's restaurant, and it was very good!! I will definitely be back to this Days Inn!!!!!
!!

• Liked — The friendly staff and clean rooms. The safe in the room was also nice!
  • Disliked — The soccer kids running down the halls.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Rockland County, NY
Reviewed August 31, 2008

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. To be honest, we usually stay in much more upscale properties, but the choices in Wooster are limited. This is a two-story inside hall motel, with a small but nice indoor pool, with a small excersise room as well. The rooms were extremely clean, the rooms were laid out in a similar hotel fashion. We happened to stay in the suite (not much more) and this room was oddly shaped, but provided us much more room. The breakfast that is included is basically a traditional continental breakfast with Waffles, Bagels, muffins, cereal and coffee. (No eggs or protein) The front desk staff perfectly pleasant, and frankly exceeded our expecations.
If I was staying in the area, I would not hesitate to come back to this property.

• Liked — Nice clean rooms with an good staff.
  • Disliked — Breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank dsnarl
thefbi
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Clean, Comfortable and Quiet. Rooms are well decorated, nice pool and attractive lobby. Didn't see breakfast sleep in until 11:00 ..... Like a baby.

Stayed May 2008
Central OH
Reviewed March 18, 2008

My son and I stayed here while in town for a youth hockey tournament. I was very surprised with how clean the room was. It was probably the cleanest "budget" hotel room I have ever been to and in talking to others in our group it appears that other agree completely. The room had a microwave and fridge as well as a coffee maker. The breakfast included cold and warm items and never ran out. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub. Surprisingly the television channel selection was great. Including lots of cable channels not typically in hotels such as SPEED and Big Ten Network. Overall it was an amazingly good deal and we will certainly be back for future tournaments.

• Liked — Free wifi and clean room
  • Disliked — smelled some smoke on upper (smoke free) level
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Spdmonkey
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed November 2, 2007

I stayed three nights at the Days Inn in Wooster from October 21-24, 2007. Was I ever surprised! Days Inns' tend to be a mixed bag of dumps and good places to stay in my experience. Nonetheless, I have never stayed at one that I found exemplary until now. The room downright sparkled. I had a King room with an L-shaped desk and a fridge and microwave. This worked extremely well for me because I need to work while traveling and I also find that, because of my vegetarian diet, a fridge and microwave allow me to grocery shop and eat healthy foods.

The furnishings were in good repair except for one, clearly recent bump, at the bottom of the entertainment shelving and it certainly did not impact function. The wireless was consistent and reliable and the towels were large enough and absorbent.

I am actually hoping that I will have an opportunity to return to Wooster so that I can stay here again. Perhaps, my wife and I can take a pleasure trip to Amish Country.

• Liked — The workspace, the cleanliness.
  • Disliked — I had to get in the car for services.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business