“Don't bother to shop for furniture if you want to be treated nicely”
Review of Pine Tree Barn

Pine Tree Barn
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Wooster
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just south of Wooster overlooking the beautiful Kilbuck Valley, Pine Tree is a 25,000 square foot restored bank barn home to a gourmet luncheon restaurant, boutique, gift shop, family Christmas tree farm, year-round Christmas shop and home furnishings and interior design studio. In season, dine outdoors on our roof deck overlooking the Kilbuck Valley, lakes and Christmas tree farm.
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't bother to shop for furniture if you want to be treated nicely”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went there to look at furniture as they are one of two dealers for a brand I was interested in within an hour of my home. I called the day prior and was told they sell the furniture at a rate that is either 35% or 45% of MSRP and they also had a sale going with an additional 10% off. When I arrived I was treated by a designer that really didn't seem interested in helping me. When I told her what I was looking for, she worked up a price for a sofa. I was a little shocked that the price was over $200 more than the other dealer of the exact same furniture than her sale price. I politely explained to her that it was a bit more than the other dealer, she arrogantly said "I a a professional interior designer and I don't have to justify my price to anyone!" I was a little taken aback by her attitude and honestly did not know what to say. She was obviously not interested in helping me from the beginning and after her comment she obviously did not care about me as a customer. I took the quote she gave me and politely left the building after trying to find my way out of maze she led me through. She did not even offer to walk me out or explain to me how to leave the building. Horrible experience and she let a possible $5000 sale for a sofa and loveseat walk out the door without even trying to be somewhat customer friendly.

Visited March 2014
12 Thank Tony L

Wooster, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Great Destination Just Minutes South of Wooster”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Pine Tree Barn is a wonderful destination during any season of the year. Lunch at the Granary is a must! (Try the warm bacon dressing on spinach salad.) Unique shopping is offered during a stroll through the beautiful displays on three levels of the restored barn. Every season offers lovely displays, but Christmastime is magical.

Visited October 2013
Elyria, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful Christmas displays”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Shopped and had lunch at the Granary on site. Both were great and I definitely want to go back in the spring or summer to walk the grounds around the lake. Lemon muffins are wonderful!

Visited November 2013
“Pine Tree Barn's ambient, country setting is surpassed only by its excellent food and quality furnishings!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

While my husband and I visit Pine Tree Barn several times a year, we never miss celebrating our July wedding anniversary by enjoying lunch in the Granary, its restaurant overlooking Pine Tree Barn's many acres of Christmas-worthy evergreens and placid ponds. When weather permits, we partake of our lunch on its awning-covered patio. The Granary's signature salads, sandwiches, and quiche along with other luncheon fare will delight any palate, and its French onion soup and lemon crumb muffins are a must no matter what we order. Seating is usually immediate (though we always make reservations), and the wait staff is always pleasant and professional. We allow time after we've dined to wander through its three floors of beautiful home furnishings: the area rugs, furniture, lighting fixtures, and accessories are distinctive and appealing. If we're not in the market for any of the afore-mentioned, we find more than enough to captivate our attention by items in the Christmas shop or in the jewelry or clothing featured on the lower level. We can't say enough positive things about this Shreve, Ohio landmark. We know that others - once they've visited Pine Tree Barn - will do as we and will plan many return trips!

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great food and shop”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Table of five ladies. Had brunch outside on a beautiful, unseasonaly cool Ohio day. Our delightful and attentive young waitress served beautiful plates of muffins, quiche, spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, and I took home a slice of pecan pie that was wonderful to this Texas girl. Good glass of Cabernet. The other ladies enjoyed multiple glasses of flavored ice teas. I'm in Wooster about once a year, and this is now my favorite place in Wooster. The shop has something for everyone on any day. From the Christmas supplies and nifty gifts to the wonderful, beautiful furniture, I think they really have something for everyone.

Visited August 2013