“Friday's in the summer are best spent here.”
Review of The Wooster Inn

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoy the live music on the patio on fridah evenings. The price includes a free drink, buffett food, and music. We have never been able tk make it for the starting time of this as it starts pretty early. Because of this, we have never been able to eat the food that they offer as the get whiped out by many over eaters. The last time we went in lieu of the shaved prime rib and bbq ribs, that they said they had, we were offered chips and salsa, chicken nuggets, and tatertots. Would rather just pay for the band and buy our own food

There are newer reviews for The Wooster Inn

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I come to eat at the Wooster Inn annually when we attend the Ohio Light Opera. This year the Inn offered a special King and I dinner -- filet mignon, crab, hollandaise sauce, risotto and grilled asparagus. It was very tasty and surprisingly affordable. The Inn offers an extensive wine list and we were surprised to find that they sell the wine for retail prices and charge a $3 corkage fee per person. We took take-out dessert up to our room. The staff was excellent with a good sense of humor. We look forward to our next visit to The Wooster Inn.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

So, we had just left the Ohio Light Opera performance of THE KING &I. Our friend made a 5:30P reservation for an early dinner. The Wooster Inn is within 5 miled of the theater and the drive was lovely.
We arrived early and were seated right away in the charming dining room. We had a table next to the large windows that overlook a lovely outdoor patio and a golf course.
Just lovely!
The food!! Oh, my! I had the grilled salmon with asparagus and an ample portion of their home made polenta. It was a perfect choice!
My two friemds each ordered the "King & I" special: A grilled angus fillet with a bernaise sauce topped with crap meat over a bed of risotto. They both loved their meals AND $5.00 was donated back to the OHIO LIGHT OPERA! Isn't that great?
THEN,...OH,THEN.... the deserts.
Chocolate/Kahlua creme brulee
Key Lime Pie with strawberries and cream
Red velvet cake

We drooled, made yummy noises and waddled aout of the restaurant.
Oh, and our waitress, Natalie, was home from London for a few months.Ask for her...she has great stories of London!

We decided that we are going to make this an annual event!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our family enjoyed the dining room of the Wooster Inn for my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary. The food was very good, and the staff took great care of us.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Although it was Mother's Day and the College of Wooster's graduation weekend, the restaurant was relaxing and we were not rushed as they were turning tables. Entree choices were varied and plentiful. Bottles of wine, entrees and desserts were all very reasonably priced. My husband's strip steak was delicious. My salmon was good but nothing I could get too excited about. Presentation was beautiful. Criticisms: We and the table of 4 next to us all ordered the lobster bisque. It was very tasty but you'd have a tough time finding a piece of lobster meat larger than a grain of rice. It's much better at City Square Steak House. Anyway, I digress... all six cups had trails of bisque outside the cup. It doesn't take that much longer to wipe the outside fo the cups off, people. Our server had a bad habit of addressing all her customers as "you guys." I hate that, but not nearly as much as the 70+ year old woman beside us that was much more vocal about it than I was. My dessert was chocolate/Kaluha creme brulle and that was one of the best I've had. I ordered a cup of de-caf coffee to cut the sweetness a little. I waited way too long for my dessert to arrive. When she brought it and the coffee, she asked if I needed cream with it. I replied yes, and waited... and waited... no cream. So I enjoyed my dessert without coffee. As she passed our table, she said she would bring our bill and my husband again asked for cream for me. I told her I no longer needed it, I wanted my coffee with my dessert and asked her to take the coffee off the bill, which she did after giving me a blank stare.
Summery: We eat at the Wooster Inn about once a month, usually downstairs in the pub or out on the terrace. The food in the Pub and in the dining room is always good. The job of the server is a tough one and too often they don't get the fine tuning during training they need for a fine dining restaurant. Total bill before tip, including a bottle of Pinot Grigio, $64.81

Been to The Wooster Inn? Share your experiences!