“Restful Nights, Superb Breakfasts, Outstanding Staff”
Review of Black Squirrel Inn

Black Squirrel Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Wooster B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

While visiting friends in Wooster, OH, we stayed at the Black Squirrel Inn for a week. The staff, Fong, Claire and Jessica, listened closely to my wife's multiple health issues (including special dietary needs). Not only were our needs accomodated, but the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home and keep us healthy. Our first-floor room (Mary Bartell room) offered sufficient space and a full bath. The living room / sitting room areas were open to guests. Location is very close to College of Wooster campus which offered excellent paths for morning or evening strolls. All of this at a nightly rate far below that of a hotel. When we return to Wooster, we will definitely stay at the Black Squirrel Inn!

Room Tip: Our first floor room was very quiet and one window had a view to a garden. Rooms on the second floor...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I recently worked a long term project with a local Wooster company, and was dreading spending weeks in a hotel. I'm so thankful I decided to try something different and stay at the Squirrel Inn B&B! The house was beautiful and historic, the location perfect for evening walks, and the owner and staff as friendly and helpful as they could be! Instead of a cramped hotel room, I enjoyed an expansive house that felt like home! I would recommend the Black Squirrel Inn for any business person that finds themselves in the Wooster area on business!

Room Tip: Not a bad room there, although my favorite was the Yarnell Room. Expansive room with a large bath a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich C
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Black Squirrel as part of a "weekend get-a-way" in the early spring. I based our selection of the inn on reviews that were posted online. Not only were the reviews "on target", if anything, they were not high enough! Our room was outstanding, the breakfast was wonderful, and our hostess, Fong, was perfect in every way. If you are looking for the perfect place to stay, in, or around, Wooster, do yourself a favor and make your reservation at the Black Squirrel Inn!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne P
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Booked on short notice and without checking reviews, etc., I was hoping for the best. And I got it! Fong is the perfect hostess, making me welcome and very comfortable. She made a special accommodation for my early breakfast request, which I particularly appreciated once I sat down to her thoughtfully prepared, delicious meal. I find myself trying to think of a reason to revisit Wooster so I can stay again at the Black Squirrel!

Room Tip: My room was downstairs off the dining room, which was no problem since I was the first one up in the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed at the Black Squirrel while my daughter visited the College of Wooster in January. My room was beautiful and comfortable. A warm blanket was waiting on the arm chair...what a nice touch! I ate dinner at one of Fong's suggested restaurants (TJ's was great) and then took a long, hot soak in the jacuzzi tub. My bed was sooooo comfortable. After a delicious breakfast of a chocolate chip scone, fresh fruit, and waffles, Fong helped me to clean the 6inches of snow off of my car. Fong was very kind, we talked about the town and antiques and the College of Wooster. My daughter will be attending the College of Wooster, and I look forward to the Black Squirrel Inn to being my home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Recently I decided that my daughter, Jennifer, a cardiac ICU nurse, was in dire need of a relaxing week . I researched sites within 200 miles of my home trying to find something different to do. As I narrowed down possibilities we thought a week in Amish Country --OH, would be perfect. We began searching for a great little B&B to stay in that would add to the charm of our trip. We found the perfect place to stay, the Black Squirrel Inn, Wooster, OH. Our host, Fong Wong was a delight. We stayed for 5 days and were presented with lovely, delicious, healthy breakfasts each day. Jennifer and I had a wonderful time wondering all over the beautiful Amish countryside of Berlin, Millersburg, Kidron, Wooster, and everywhere in between. We would look forward to an evening at the Inn after a very busy day. We were encouraged to make our selves comfy, so we made hot tea and relaxed. Then we curled up on our beds and I taught Jennifer how to knit. We entertained the other guests during breakfasts with the tales of what we had discovered in Amish Country the day before and they shared their stories with us. There were two families visiting their daughters, who are students of Wooster College. Two guests were visiting Professors at the college. After wonderful breakfasts and some shopping pointers from Fong Wong we would head out for another relaxing day. Jennifer and I drove out of Amish Country with a full trunk and backseat ,a list of places we want to see next time and a plan to call the Black Squirrel to reserve our room next year.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is a great place to stay. It was easy to make yourself at home and feel quite comfy. The house and furnishings are beautiful, clean and well cared for. Fong's breakfasts are a delight to the eye and the palate. It was a delight to make her acquaintance, and her knowledge of the area made our trip especially enjoyable. I would recommend this B&B heartily!!!

Room Tip: Any one of the rooms is great, but the upstairs rooms are a little larger than downstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple