“Good location!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Dallas, Texas
“Good location!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Had to make a business trip into Ohio the last week of March. We booked this hotel for several of our people sight unseen and had no regrets. It is still in process of being updated, however, the beds were very confortable and the facilities were good. The staff, Steve in particular, were so very helpful in giving directions, recommending good eating places, etc. The location is ideal for the business traveler as there are any number of good restaurants within either walking distance or short drives. They have a work-out facility and a reasonably good hot breakfast available. We also used one of their conference rooms and the staff kept us well supplied with the requested coffee and water. Friendly overall. Would definitely stay there again. Quaint area right in the heart of Amish coountry.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are available.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ushie_40
Teresa W, Manager at Best Western Wooster Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2017
We are so pleased to hear that you and your team enjoyed your stay. Steven is the owner of the hotel and is a hands on owner which is hard to find, so glad he was able to assist you with the information that you needed.
It is also great to hear that you used the work out facility, our work out facility is much larger than the average hotel, plenty of room to work out and get your day started off right.
You are correct in stating the location is ideal for the business traveler and with our 5 conference rooms, we can assist most groups with any business training needs.
We love to hear that you would definitely stay with us again and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for the review and have a very blessed day.
Teresa Bright, Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I must have stayed at a different best western than the previous "best hotel ever" reviewer, because my experience couldn't have been more dissimilar. From the missing panel with exposed glue in the lobby, the rippling carpet in the hallways and the super stinky perfume they apparently sprayed everywhere - to hide god only knows what - to the inedible "deluxe continental breakfast," this place is decidedly sub par. Incidentally, I wasn't the only one who tried unsuccessfully to eat the breakfast in the dark wood-paneled breakfast room that was sorely in need of rescuing from its early 70's aesthetic. An entire table of teenage girls was practically gagging with each bit. The nearly flattened "employee of the month parking only" sign in front said it all. I pictured some disgruntled employee's hasty exit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2011

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Just stopped in to get away from life for a while and was well worth the money. The lobby has comfortable seating as well as stone walls, brick flooring, and nice decore on the windows. The receptionist is extremely nice, and the rooms are very spacious. There were resteraunts all over the area from nearby Beall Avenue through the square which is only a ten minute walk from the hotel.

Also the bar located on location was a great touch with a nice and knowledgeable bartender. They had a nice assortment of beers and other beverages.

The Room I stayed in was 320 and was a King, non-smoking. The new desk chairs and linens were comfortable, as well as the new Serta matress and recliner. The beds came with three layers of sheets to make sure you stayed warm and the micro-fridge cooled quickly for beverages. Also the view of the lights in the city from my room were very peaceful.

The Air Conditioners were a little tricky to get the correct setting but once you got it the room became very comfortable temperature wise for the rest of the stay. The bathroom was excellent, clean, plenty of towels, and the shower curtain/sprayer were top notch for a very relaxing experience.

In the morning I went to have my free breakfast. The muffins were very well prepared, they had several types of jelly's for toast, waffles, oatmeal, and a few varieties of cereals as well as juices/milk/coffee.

Back in my room I found the hot tea wonderful and the view to be spectacular for a sunrise. The lamps which looked new gave off plenty of light and added several outlets to plug in your phone/computer.

Overall this was the best experience I have ever had at a hotel and from the looks of things while I was there they were in the middle of upgrading. Will be staying again in the future without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a King in the 320 Hallway, close to 320.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed July 6, 2010

This hotel could use some renovations: the TV, bathroom, and heating/ac unit are out-of-date. However, the room (I stayed in one with 2 double beds) is surprisingly spacious, clean, and everything was in working order. I felt comfortable here, despite the beds not being super comfortable. The elevator is small and slow, but at least they have a working elevator. The hotel is in a prime location - walking distance to all the cute downtown shops and restaurants that Wooster offers. The hotel's location allows you to experience this charming little town.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
kolkata
Reviewed June 6, 2010

well hotel is definitely the best option available in wooster town. we were there during to atttend the graduation ceremony of my sister. so the hotel was full up. but conveniently located as well. the staff was friendly and courteous. morning breakfast was nice and simple, but included in the package, which was nice.
as the hotel was full, and it was a cold day, so we did have some trouble in gettin hot water in the morning.
other wise, i wouldnt have many other reasons for complaining in regards to this hotel.
the rooms were spacious, and toilets are clean. the linen provided was very neat and internet was working well.
we were there for 2 nights, and i would rate my stay over there as comfortable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Hotel looked so nice in pictures,but those picture must be like 10 years old.It doesn't look like that in person.Smells horrible of sweat and smoke.The room are connected with others and even though we locked the door our luggage was moved.We had to ask several times for clean towels.Ice machine is broken.Wireless internet is worse than dial up.The manager was so rude and unhelpful.HAD TO LEAVE A DAY EARLY BECAUSE THE CONDITIONS WERE SO UNBEARABLE,EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULDN'T REFUND US.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Teresa W, Manager at Best Western Wooster Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2016
Dear OhioNikki2112:

My name is Teresa Wengerd, I am the Revenue Manager at The Best Western Wooster. In working old reviews I found that no one from Management contacted you in regards to your review that you completed. I am reaching out to past guests and would like to discuss this matter with you. I took this position in September of 2015, the hotel has had several updates since your stay. Please contact me at 330-264-7750 at your earliest convenience. Thank you and have a very blessed day.
Rockville
Reviewed March 30, 2010

My son and I visited Wooster to check out the College of Wooster. The hotel was a little hard to find but the staff (owner?) at the front desk was very helpful on the phone. We were only there overnight and accidentally left some medication. I realized this the following day and called. I spoke with the same individual and he was happy to mail the medication to my home address. When I offered to give him my credit card number to pay for shipping, he refused. The AAA rate I got was very economical and we definitely got good value for our dollars.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family