“The Best Steakhouse”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Woodmere
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Belmont Road
Transit: RTA
Description: Fleming's Cleveland, OH is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Woodmere at Eton Square on Chagrin Blvd, near Beachwood, Chagrin Falls, and University Heights.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

What a wonderful place from the bar to the dining room. Great food! A must for special occasions.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

The atmosphere is open and a little bit noisy. The food is very good. The prices are a bit pricey. The service is good.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We go to the one in Indianapolis and thought we would try this one. We are glad we did. The meat, service, sides and atmosphere are a duplicate of Indy- excellent. it is in a nice shopping center, no view and I don't think there is outdoor seating. We did not need reservations as they were virtually empty on the Tues. night we were there.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

The first visit, we had an incredible server that saw that our glasses were kept full and everything was to our satisfaction. The second visit, our server was less attentive but still adequate. WE had the lump crab appetizer wrap which was two pieces so we shared it. We ordered the fish special and the lite filet the first time. The Bearnaise sauce for the steak was incredible and the steak perfectly cooked. My husband's fish was perfect as well. We shared the mac and cheese and found it very creamy with a hint of red pepper. Liked it so much, we returned again last night.

This time, we ordered the double cut pork chop and the double chicken breast. We shared a side of the onion rings and fries. We loved the spicy dipping sauce that came with the side along with catsup which paled beside the spicy sauce. The chicken was moist and flavorful (bone in). I wanted the chop cooked to med well so the server offered to have it butterflied to ensure proper cooking doneness in the middle. I was afraid that it would be dry, but it was perfectly cooked to the correct doneness and very moist. Loved the jicama apple garnish that came with it. The coating on the onion rings was very light and crunchy (may have been panko). The fries were a bit limp and soggy.

The beef is prime and prices are on the high size. Side dishes are large and can be shared. Everything is a la carte so final bill can add up quickly. The server each time did check that our meals were to our satisfaction and g.m. each time, did come by as well to check that all was well and to see if we needed anything.

Place was packed on both visits so be sure to make a reservation.

2  Thank cakedeco
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was my first time at a Fleming's. I arrived a little earlier than my reservation to sit at the bar and scope things out. The bar has a happy hour special where they offer 5 items for $6 each, as well as 5 drinks for $6/each. The bar area was packed with standing room only. The deal is very popular. I had a drink and the bartender, Lauren brought over some homemade potato chips to snack on. They were very good.

When the rest of my group arrived we sat down for dinner. The hostesses were very nice and offered to check our coats. They sat us and the waitress took over. This was a Friday night and they were busy. The waitress could have come around more. She may have seen us engaged in conversation and decided to give us our privacy. It seemed that the bus boy was more attentive. When he came to fill water glasses he would get more bread or get the waitress so that we could order more drinks.

The food was excellent though the portions were on the small side. I started with the shrimp cocktail which had a truly wonderful cocktail sauce. It was almost $12 for 3 shrimp.

I then had the ribeye steak for my main course. It was wonderful as well though a bit on the small side. The side dishes were shared among us. We ordered the creamed spinach and the potato fries with onion rings. There were no doggy bags.

For desert the chocolate lava cake was exceptional. It was served with ice cream and a bowl of creme fresh. One of the best deserts we ever had in a steakhouse. Everyone agreed.

Overall it was a very good experience. This is in the Cleveland, Ohio area and there are many options for steakhouses. Unless we were to be in the area I don't think we would go out of our way to eat there again. For the money there is better value. That said, they didn't disappoint. There was nothing to seperate them from the pack.