The Inn at Amish Door
Ramada Limited Strasburg Dover(Strasburg)(Great Value!)
$76
Carlisle Inn(Walnut Creek)
$129
$119
Travelocity
The Wallhouse Hotel(Walnut Creek)(Great Value!)
$101
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
$89
Official Site
Comfort Inn Dover(Dover)(Great Value!)
$85
All reviewsamish countryclosed on sundaysgrandma's househoneymoon suitecontinental breakfastfirst floorwalnut creekparking lothotel is beautifula nice place to staynice sizebreakfast areashort driveberlinohiopopcornhallway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is my fourth trip to the Amish door since last July. I have always highly recommended you. I find the scenery beautiful, the hotel very clean and the place quiet and relaxing.
I styed there last night and was just so upset! Erma was at the front desk. My friend had never been there before. When I checked in there was no on else there and it was not busy. I said excitedly that this was my third trip since New Years and my friends first time there. She scowled and said "cash or check!" I was put off but thought maybe she had a bad day. I was showing my friend around and told her I was showing the beautiful place to her and she smirked! She did not make any attempt to explain anything there. I asked her the hours for the place to eat and continental breakfast and she gave me short answers.

I have a service dog and have a room, right next to the door which I requested. My dog is highly trained and I went out around 11 to leave her out. I know there is a leash law in Ohio but she is so well trained she goes in the grass and comes right back to me. (I had cleaned up after her earlier). Erma blocked the door and snapped at me "put that dog on a leash!" My dog does not snap at me- much less a person! Rather than cause a scene I complied. Again if she did not like it all she would have to do is make a quiet request.

I had visited a restaurant earlier that day where they called me by name and welcomed me back. Couldn't your inn have this kind of serve? Amy was very nice this morning and Bonnie was wonderful at Breakfast. But the person at the desk is the first impression one gets. I have visited Amish country for over 40 years and always said the friendliness is what attracts me This was such a disappointing experience! Perhaps she needs a course in hotel management or customer service? Please tell your staff to be more friendly.

Jane

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
9  Thank Jane B
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband, 8-year-old daughter and I came here for a few nights in February 2014. We wanted a place with an indoor pool to let my daughter swim to her heart's content, since it's been such a nasty winter and she's been cooped up! The inn is in good condition, and the basement is a lovely, quiet retreat. The breakfast was solid as well (the cappucino machine is a good touch!). We'll be back for another winter retreat, no doubt.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Eliza1903
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Amish Door for 4 nights. The place was very clean, well maintained. The breakfast was always well stocked, and the attendant offered to make the waffles for us. Dinner at the conference centre was fabulous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dbefus
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. There were 2 sinks in the bathroom area. One was inside the door and the 2nd was just outside the door. That made it convenient to use a mirror or just brush your teeth without bothering the other person. The view of the Amish countryside was beautiful, very quiet and peaceful. It was also very convenient to just walk across the parking lot to the adjoining dinner theater. The TV was a little small and not easily watched from all areas of the room. But overall the stay was very nice and reasonably priced. We would probably consider staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank grnmax14
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the last 10 years and can definatly see areas were they could stand some improvement.. Much of the hotel is just beautiful but there are some ares that could stand some upgrading. The pool area is about as bland as you can get and it has been since I can remember but still clean. The room were staying in was also very sparce but also clean. Didn't care for the bed being up against the wall it was hard for one person to get out of the king size bed. We stayed Thanksgiving Day 2013 and ate at the buffet that was very overpriced. May not stay there again due to a lot of newer properties that have been bulit in the area. But if your looking for a total relaxing laid back getaway where reading a book and shopping would be the highlight of your trip then its worth the stop until you get familiar with the surroundings and then you can make the deceision if you would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple