“Off of the interstate, but worth the drive”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had been driving for almost 10 hours and were exhausted. I checked reviews on hotels near where we were (between Columbus and Cincinnati) and chose this one. I was a little dissapointed at first because it was about 10-12 miles off of I-71 and we had driven so long I really hated to drive even more, but I'm really glad we did. This was the last hotel stay of our over week long vacation (10 states in 8 days) and it was the best of them all. Extremely clean and beds were the most comfortable we had slept in since we left home. We regretted that we had only given ourselves a few hours to sleep before getting back on the road. We arrived late at night and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice. My daughter had an upset stomach/heartburn and he offered to go to the breakfast area and brought us back a glass of milk for her to drink (which did help by the way, thanks!!). Although it is off the Interstate, it was worth the drive and we would definitely stay again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is very nice and clean. One nice benefit about this hotel is it is close enough to be at the convention center within minutes. The room was clean and the lobby was very nice. The only draw back is the elevator is soooooo slow. Really a small complaint except when there is a croud. The breakfast was excellent and has enough room for everyone to have a seat. I will stay at this Hampton again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Stephen P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for the glowing review. Also, thank you for alerting us to the slow elevator. We are already in the process of having that fixed but are sorry for any inconvenience it caused you. We hope you to visit us again the next time you return to the area. We love having you here and the entire Hampton Team looks forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very confortable, clean and quite. Breakfast was great. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for posting your response here on TripAdvisor! We appreciate it! We guarantee 100% satisfaction with your stay, friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings everytime. I appreciate you!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed overnight here as part of a week long bike ride. All of the staff were fantastic. Managment really has put effort into keeping the common areas and rooms in great shape. The only thing missing was a hot tub. The breakfast was full and well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! The entire Hampton Team works hard to make sure we take care of our hotel and our guests! We've loved having guests in with the GOBA event, you've inspired a few of us to try cycling!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We found this to be a very clean, comfortable and friendly place to stop overnight. The breakfast was much better than many of the "free breakfasts" we've been offered. We especially appreciated the signs requesting "quiet time" after 10 pm.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here Memorial Day weekend - each day was in the 90s. Not much to do in the hotel - just a small indoor pool. We spent a lot of time driving in the air conditioned car.

Every staff person I met was very friendly. We had two rooms, and my sons' room was upgraded. It would have been big enough for all of us, but I didn't want to renege on my reservation. The first night, I went to bed around 11 and the adjoining room had a pretty loud radio going. I woke about 4 and the radio was still going strong - talk radio. The door that adjoined the room had space under the door and I think that was why it was so noisy. I thought maybe the room was vacant and the radio alarm had turned on. So I called the front desk and asked, hoping if it was vacant, they could go in and turn off the radio. They said no, someone was in there. I stuffed towels under the door and I put pillows on my head and after a couple of hours got back to bed. When I woke in the morning, the radio was still talking. I asked at the front desk if that room was checking out and they said they would be there all week. She offered me another room and I said yes.. I got another room just a few door down from mine and it had no adjoining room. It was an upgraded room also, and I slept very well for the other nights of my stay.

I really appreciated the assistance of the front desk. The morning food was a good value. My only gripe other than that mentioned above was that in the second room, the buttons on the microwave were very dirty. Looked like baked on pizza or barbeque sauce. I had to use a tissue to press the buttons.

The hotel is nice and was a good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed 2 nites with our racing organization. This hotel was clean and the staff was excellent in every way. We stay at alot of the Hampton Inn's across the United States and this hotel's staff is by far the BEST around. Even with a sold out hotel everything was handled efficiently and professionally.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Holiday Inn Wilmington
#4 of 5 in Wilmington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington Court House Jeffersonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington C...
#1 of 3 in Washington Court House
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington? Share your experiences!