“Big Surprise”

Holiday Inn Wilmington
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed November 7, 2008

The decor is lovely, the big wooden four poster king bed was a dream and I loved even the curtains in the shower because they were transparent at the top so I didn't feel claustrophobic. I forgot toothpaste and they gave me one. That's a rare perk nowadays.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Wilmington

Reviewed October 28, 2008

This is not your daddy's Holiday Inn. This hotel exceeds your preconceived expectations with beautiful marble floors, high-end furnishings, etc, and overall the hotel is more like what you would expect from a nice Marriott or Hilton. I have attended several dentistry continuing education classes here and would definitely highly recommend this hotel. There is also a great casual bar and Max and Erma's restaurant attached.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My husband and I just returned from staying here while we attended the Ohio Ren Faire. This hotel is the official host hotel for the faire. (check renfestival website). I was very pleased with the quality, cleanliness, friendliness and location of this hotel and would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.
The lobby is impressive with 20ft high ceilings and wonderful decor. There is a fitness center, a small business center with a computer and printer, an indoor pool, and an outdoor patio bar that had a live band. The hotel is attached to the Roberts Convention Centre with a Max and Erma's restaurant on premises. The decor of the rooms are as pictured on the website. What you can't appreciate in the pictures is the wood baseboard molding, the high quality lamps, pictures and mirrors, the nice faux grasscloth wallpaper, the quality of the sofa, or the huge 8' bathroom vanity.
IF I have to list some con's they would be this. The satelite tv reception could have been better, there were only fast food restaurants close by aside from M&E that was inside the hotel, and, there was no free breakfast buffet that one has come to expect at hotels these days. We had a good breakfast at McDonalds which was fine for us since we planned on eating the whole day at the Ren Faire:)
BTW, the Ren Faire is about 8 miles down the road from this hotel. I think at the very next exit.
We stopped at the Ohio Prime Outlets before checking into this hotel, which I estimate to be about 15 miles north right off of 71.
We were very satisfied with our stay here.
Hope this helps.
/scarlett329

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2008

My family stayed at this property for two nights in celebration of my birthday. We are Priority Club members, and this is the first time we stayed in this area. What caught our attention was the excellence rating the property received; this is why we booked a stay here. The lobby area of the hotel is beautiful with sparkling white tile floors. The staff was friendly - no direct problems with them, and the Max & Erma's Restaurant is conveniently located adjacent to the lobby.

The interior of the elevator was in need of a good cleaning. The walls had numerous stains. When we entered our room, there were stains on the walls, the carpet, and on the bath floor, tub, and counter. It appeared that consistent, thorough cleaning in all of these areas could have helped to validate the excellence rating, but the lack there of created disappointments in my stay. The carpets could not have been shampooed in some time because the bottom of my children's white socks were quickly darkened. This made it very uncomfortable for me - "Kids get your socks on; get off of the floor!" and so forth. I may be too picky, but I've stayed in other Holiday Inn properties where the cleanliness was impeccable. I expected the same here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank travel4fam
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Very nice hotel. Stayed here for a meeting in the adjacent convention center. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Stayed at this hotel this weekend. It was really a nice place. Rooms were big and comfortable, parking lot had great lighting at night, Lobby was beautiful, staff were all great. I would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2007

We were driving by and wanted to stop for the night. I'm partial to Holiday Inns after several really nice stays at other locations. So we got a wickedly good government rate ($70 for the night) and the beds were plush and comfy, the bathroom was divine and the soaps etc. were of a luxury quality. I was very impressed.

My only complaint is that there is no WIFI in the building, so I used the cable which was too short to lay in bed comfortably with the laptop on my lap. But it was okay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington C...
#1 of 3 in Washington Court House

Been to Holiday Inn Wilmington? Share your experiences!