“An oasis in Central OH”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wilmington
Honeoye Falls, New York
“An oasis in Central OH”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Traveling south to TN we needed a spot midway between Cincinnati and Columbus. There's not much else in Wilmington, but this outstanding Holiday Inn was perfect. Much larger and sparklier than the average Holiday Inn, the rooms were large and comfortable. The staff was great too. A huge lobby to hang out in if you're interested.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Gray C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I will share your positive comments with our staff. I hope you will stop again if in the area.

Gray Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed May 31, 2012

When traveling, we normally stay with Hampton Hotels. But as it was late and traveling North through Ohio, we had little to pick from exit to exit. So we stayed at the Holiday Inn and overall it was a good stay. The front desk clerk was really sweet so late he night and the room was comfortable,clean and quite. But I personally felt $135.00 a night was not a great value.....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
PA
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I needed a place to stay because my son was participating in a nearby tournament. I chose this place because it is conveniently located right off of the highway. I am happy with my choice. The hotel was clean, the room was suprisingly large, and the staff at the front desk were friendly. They even had cookies out for us when we got back from a long day at the gym. My only wish was that they had a complimentary breakfast. Instead you have to eat at Max & Ermas, which is connected to the hotel. They did give us a coupon to lower the cost, but a quick and easy free continental breakfast option would have been very much appreciated.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Gray C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you choosing us for your stay. I am glad you were happy with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Gray Campbell General Manager Holiday Inn Wilmington
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our first night at the Holiday Inn was fine. The maintenance man told us the pool water was 86 degrees which was cool, but bearable. When we came back the second afternoon, the whole hotel had lost key service, so we had to be let into our room by a different maintenance man. My wife felt a little "held hostage" as we and the rest of the hotel waited about an hour to be delivered a new set of keys. When we returned to the pool, the water temperature had notably dropped. We did not complain, but another guest did. The other guest was told that the pool heater had been broken for days. This did not seem truthful if the night before the maintenance man could tell us the exact temperature and then the next day another guest was annouced by the front desk girl that "it had been broken for days." It seemed like an untruth, but I do not truly know. I do know that we were never compensated for any of our inconviences. If you have the chance to stay in Cincinnati or Columbus, I would recommend it rather than staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: the top floor is an exclusive floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you choosing us for your stay. I am sorry for the issue with the pool heater and room key. I realize this was an inconvenience for you. We have replaced the heater and we have not had any additional issues with keys. I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area and give us an opportunity to serve you again.

Gray Campbell General Manager Holiday Inn Wilmington
Flint, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Passing through and found this easily from the highway at night! Arrived the same night that Afgan Hounds and their owners for a Dog show. That could very well explain the less than pristine floors in the lobby- but still a very clean hotel! Desk clerk was very pleasant and asked if we had AAA for discounting the room. One would think that a priority club member would get a slight reduction in room rate.
Quiet rooms even though the hotel was almost full. Would have liked to see a complimentary breakfast, but as a HI club member we did receive a coupon for $5.00 off in the restaraunt. We had too many miles to go to stop for breakfast, so can not evaluate the dining room.
Room was clean, and very comfortable king bed!! Does not have WiFi, but has cable connection in the room, which was easy to connect laptop to on desk. Great Bath and body brand shampoo and lotions in room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Gray C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for the great comments about our hotel and staff. I am sorry you did not have a chance to use your restaurant coupon but hope you will enjoy those Priority Club points! We do have WiFi in our lobby and will in the rooms shortly.

Thanks again for staying with us and hope you will stop again. Gray Campbell General Manager
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I've stayed at some nasty Holiday Inns before, so I wasn't expecting much but the hotel was very nice. The room (a single-bed one) was elegantly decorated and the bathroom was sumptuous, even better looking than the nice photos someone else has uploaded to this page. The bed itself was quite comfortable. The TV channel selection is limited and could be improved. The room service breakfast was prompt and tasty. The service staff & desk staff were all courteous and friendly. I had dinner at Max & Erma's and really enjoyed it. I sat at the bar, so service wasn't a problem. They're very busy there so I wouldn't be surprised if the service slips sometimes. Parking's free. There's not much of a view from the rooms, true. Wilmington is basically in the middle of nowhere with a highway passing through it, from what I can tell. I can't speak on the wifi, I didn't use it for the day I stayed there. Overall, I was very happy with my experience and I'll stay there again if I pass through that area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SusanMOH
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Great facility, staff, service, location, adjoining restauarant food and service was great,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington C...
#1 of 3 in Washington Court House

Been to Holiday Inn Wilmington? Share your experiences!