“Austin's is a great addition to downtown Wilmington”
Review of Austin's Casual Eatery & Bar - CLOSED

Austin's Casual Eatery & Bar
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've eaten at Austins a couple of times and find it a welcome addition to downtown Wilmington. It is bright and clean. The noise level is comfortable - it is actually possible to engage in conversation without being drowned out by annoying canned music. The staff is friendly and efficient. The menu has good variety, and the food is well prepared. My personal preference would be to have more vegetarian items on the menu, but this would not prevent me from returning.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Was glad to find Austin's as we could not find any place to eat in the downtown area! Much prefer independent restaurants as opposed to chains.

Place was busy for 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon. Greeted and seated immediately. Nice menu offerings. I had the prime rib melt and my companion ordered the portabella sadwich.

Both were served on hoagie type buns. Not the best for that "patty melt " expectation. Portabella was rather thinly sliced and laid across bun. Had to return portabella as there was only 6 slices on the entire bun.

Great job to responding to complaint. Sandwich went back and another served brimming with mushrooms and veggies.

Our server was pleasant and always busy. You could tell that he had limited experience but he was obviously trying hard.

Austin's just opened 7 months ago. I believe it has great potential and I hope the owners succeed in this venture.

1  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Visited 3 times always great and free wifi service great job keep up the good work Lisa love your tattoos

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

When you visit Wilmington this should be one of your stops for dinner. Great menu and hometown atmosphere . They offer daily specials and have bar area with TV's. I had a Long Island ice tea which was very good. I also heard the Margaritas were an excellent choice . Will definitely stop here again on our next trip through town.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

i'm in town for a few nights and I read the reviews and was very excited to come here. he picked this is our first restaurant the first night.

First off the bartender did not know how to make a martini. I received in martini glass a shot of one liquor and a shot of another it was very odd. Secondly, the waitress kept asking us if we are ready to pay the bill. She gave us the bill then came over three different times to ask us if you're ready to pay. The restaurant wasn't closing or anything and it was around 8:30 PM.

The food was good and the atmosphere was nice. I think they need to upgrade their staff.

1  Thank Bluebordercollie