We booked a 2 bed suite because we have a special, medical needs child. Our friends booked a regular room to be near us. When my husband arrived to check in, he was told our reservation was cancelled that morning at 7 am. I guaranteed it with a credit card. Later, after 10+ conversations with the staff, it was discovered the morning clerk had granted an extended stay to the people who were in the room the night before. This in turn, cancelled our reservation and left us w/o a room which would accommodate our needs (hence the reason we booked the suite with the refrigerator for medicine, space, etc.). I requested to speak to the manger 3 times and was told he only works M-F 7-4 but she called him at home and he said giving us $30 off a plain room was the best they could do. They "threw in" 3 1,000 point vouchers to help with the unavoidable situation (how can someone extend their reservation if someon else is booked in the room for the next day)??? We discovered the 1000 point vouchers expired a year ago so they aren't even valid anyhow. When I expressed this was unacceptable to me, it was explained take it or leave it, this is the best we could do. We were so unhappy but it was late at night and we had driven for 2 hours in a snowstorm due to a convention in the area. We will NEVER stay at the Wilmington HI Express again. We love the HI Express chain and have stayed many times. Depending on how this situation works out, we may never stay again. BEWARE - just because you have a reservation/confirmation and have given them your credit card, they don't have to honor it per Larry Hall - General Manager.
P.S. my credit card was charged twice on 2/21 - once for the original room and once for the room we actually were "allowed to stay in". Amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, your "home away from home!" Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located close to downtown Wilmington, Roberts Convention Centre, Robert's Arena, Wilmington College, and the ILN Airpark. Our complimentary shuttle is available to take you to Ferno Washington, Alkermies, Emsar Ahresty, Clinton Memorial Hospital, or any other local business in town between the hours of 8am and 4pm. While visiting Wilmington, Ohio, relax in one of our 75 newly renovated guest rooms featuring a 32" remote control LCD TV w/HBO. Upgrade your stay to a spacious suite room which includes a microwave & refrigerator, whirlpool tub or Jacuzzi. Enjoy our complimentary Smart Start Hot breakfast bar each morning, featuring melt in your mouth Cinnamon Rolls, fresh pancakes, and variety of other hot and cold foods. For your convenience, we also offer an indoor heated swimming pool and hot tub. Stay in shape by using our updated fitness center open daily 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Wilmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Wilmington Hotel Wilmington
- Holiday Inn Wilmington
- Wilmington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Wilmington Ohio