“Comfy Stay ~ Extremely Nice Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Wilmington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wilmington
Fairhope, Alabama
“Comfy Stay ~ Extremely Nice Staff”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Having hundreds of nights stays under my belt for Holiday Inn properties, I must say this property does a great job! Very nice staff, clean public areas and the breakfast was comparable to Holiday Inn standard.

Across the street is a Dollar General and an Aldi Grocery store. Several restaurants such as Frischs', Gold Star and several others within a few miles.

A nice quiet location and I would stay again! Only negative I could say was the hotel seemed a little aged with the AC and that type of thing but everything worked fine...

Room Tip: Quieter rooms face the Hampton Inn at the end of the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Honestperspective
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Honestper,

I want to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express, Wilmington, OH. It is so nice when our guests notice all the hard work that our staff put into our hotel. We want all of our guest to have a memorable stay.

I am glad to tell you that we are doing some upgrade this summer. We are very excited about all of them. We hope that you will return to the hotel so we can show them off to you.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Patty Mack
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
South Point, Ohio
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Once more on the road for work. Found this place by accident, GPS confused this hotel for the Holiday Inn across town. The staff gave our crew a discount on the rooms. The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable. And, best of all from my perspective, they still offer smoking rooms. While I understand non-smokers whining about it, the growing discrimination against we who smoke is becoming aggravating. We have rights, too, and I feel it's better to allow us to smoke in the privacy of what is basically our domicile for the duration of our stay, rather than in public, in front of the doors, where I am constantly barraged with complaints. This is a big plus in my book.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Don S
Dear Don S.,
We are so happy that you were directed to our Holiday Inn Express in Wilmington, OH. I think I love your GPS. Our staff works very hard to make sure that our guests are having a great experience when they stay at our hotel. I will share with them your very kind words.

The next time you are in our area, let your GPS be your guide again...straight to our hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Patty Mack
Sidney
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great place to stay. Utilized pool and small exercise room during our stay. Front desk staff was phenomenal! I asked if they happened to have nail polish remover, instead of directing me across the strew to the Dollar General store, she let me use hers.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Heather S
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel before a very early morning soccer game nearby. Clean quiet room, good pillows, bathroom was spotless. The beds are a bit hard for our taste. Lots of outlets for mobile chargers! Staff was great, and the free breakfast was ready early when we needed it. Only tiny complaint was that the room refrigerator's compressor was rattling, so we ended up unplugging it. Overall a very good experience for an inexpensive room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank CleveGirl33
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is by far one of the nicest Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed at. The room was wonderful and clean, the pillows fabulous. They had two different types of pillows to choose from, firm or soft. I LOVED it! The breakfast was pretty good too, though fairly average for a free buffet.

The only problem we had was that our door didn't latch all the way when it closed. I found this out and all we had to do was pull the door to latch it so I figured I would tell them about it when we left. Unfortunately, my husband didn't hear me tell him that he had to pull it closed and when he came in for the night, he didn't do it. About 6am, someone came into our room, turned on the light, realized he was in the wrong place and left.

I write these details because I was SO impressed with the response the hotel gave when I told them about it. We had used points for the room that night and they felt so bad about it that they refunded ALL of our points for the night so we literally got our stay free. Thank you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AMother0f2
Center Ossipee, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 1, 2013

No frills but offering a clean room and minimum noise from outside the room. We were on the second floor and only heard the door across the hall close. No noise from above or below. Reasonable rate for area and it was nice to have a Kroger's and other stores nearby. The Hampton Inn is next store as well. The only reason I did not give it four stars was because I save those for the super special hotels. I would return to Room 222..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lo W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were visiting Kings Island amusement park and heading back to Pittsburgh the next day, so it was convenient and less expensive than hotels near the park.

The staff was super friendly and nice. They even let my kids swim in the hotel pool for a few minutes past the normal closing time.

Room was clean and smelled fresh. Beds were very comfortable.

The staff did a good job of keeping the breakfast fresh.

Well recommended as a nice hotel in between two big cities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank copperdragon66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington Court House
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wilmington? Share your experiences!