“good cheap chineese buffet”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Super Seafood Buffet
Ranked #22 of 37 Restaurants in Willowick
Cuisines: American, Chinese
“good cheap chineese buffet”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

if you don't go for dinner or on the weekend it is very reasonable - $5

OHIO
“Absolutely POOR Business ethics”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I had come to this restaurnant a few times before and never had any problems with the food or service, that was, up until the last 2 times when I took my 10 yr. old daughter (whom is big for her age).
The time before this actual date of my complaint, the "hostess" questioned my daughters age when I told her she was 10 and should not be charged the "adult" price. She told me that next time(they corrected the bill and charged her the childs price) I should bring her birth certificate! I was appaulled!!
So my boyfriend, myself and my 10 yr old daughter went this past Saturday(8/23/08) and I jokingly, put my daughters birth certificate in my purse. At the end of the meal, we got the bill and of course, were charged adult price for her again and again i said something to the waitress. A few minutes later, the manager comes over and questions me about my daughters age and asked me if I had her birth certificate!!! I replied with, as a matter of fact I do and how ridiculous and poor business it is to ask for this. The manager also went to the extent of "questioning" my daughter, as if now, Im presenting a false document or trying to pass something funny over him.... I could not beleive this and the fact that this was a manager!!!!!!!!
After I showed it to him and stated how I felt as the customer, etc etc... He began speaking to the waitress in CHINESE and I just KNEW they were speaking about us......HOW RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!

I am sure there are people out there who will try to take advantage of childs prices and such but I must say, I have been to several buffets and have NEVER, EVER been questioned about my daughters age... THEY TAKE MY WORD FOR IT... which, as a paying cutomer, they should!

I am writing this review because I can not find another outlet to complain to but I want to spread the word about the poor business ethics and poor cutsomer service skills this restaurant and it's employees(INCLUDING THE MANAGER?!) has!

I thought that the customer was always right? and whatever happened to "I'm sorry Ma'am"? Is this not a part of business ethics anymore or is it just this culture??????????
Im thinking the latter..........