“Very disappointed, cramped, noisy, uncomfortable.”

Pranzo Panni Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #18 of 128 Restaurants in Willoughby
Chesterland, OH
“Very disappointed, cramped, noisy, uncomfortable.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I had reservations last night (9/28/2013) for 7:00 pm. The building is very charming inside with old brick walls. Be warned however the place is loud and cramped. The hostess seated us at a bar height table on bar chairs. We asked for a table but she told us none were available. This table for two is right in the front window against the wall. My chair was sticking out in the isle and one leg of the chair was about 1/4 short so I'm teetering the whole time. Directly under the table was a floor vent that was blowing cold air on us. There was a menu on the floor that somebody had left next to the vent so we covered the vent with the menu. Right next to us was another table with about 18 inches from ours that would sit 6 or 8 people. It was very tight to get between the tables. We ordered Calamari and while we were waiting the hostess seated another couple at the large table next to us. It was just the two people in their party and rather than seat them at the far end of the table away from us she put them right next to us. I was closer to the other lady than I was to my wife. The Calamari arrived, it was forgettable, it was luke warm and soggy. We told the server we were done and paid the bill. The Calamari was $8 and we brought our own wine and they charge a $2 fee each for the glass, which is fine. The server was very nice, I told her about being turned down for a table and she asked me who said that to me. I just responded that the young lady who seated us but we were done regardless. I didn't want to spend $25 for an entree and sit at a teetering bar chair. We live in the area and will never go back. Been there done that.

• Visited September 2013

Toledo, OH
“Great meal”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I actually chose to eat here because we met one of the owner's accross the street. I can't remember her name (Christine, I think), but she was very friendly. She informed us about the fact that you can buy and bring in your own wine as Pranzo does not serve wine.

My wife and I shared the spahgetti and meatballs ( we substituted with the Italian sausage). We each had our own desert. She the tiramasu, me, the lemoncello gelato. My wife thought the tiramasu was good. The gelato, lets just say I felt like I had died and went to heaven every time I took a bite.

One thing about bringing in your own wine. We were told they didn't charge for a corking fee, which they don't. What they don't mention is charging a $4 glass fee. However, we will still go back if in the area.

• Visited August 2013