“Wonderful Food in Northern Ohio” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Europa and Bistro
Ranked #2 of 125 Restaurants in Willoughby
Cuisines: German, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bay City, Michigan, United States
“Wonderful Food in Northern Ohio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting the area and on the basis of other reviews decided to eat dinner here. What a delightful place to eat. The host is very enthusiastic about the food which they serve and he has every right to be. Delicious homemade middle European fare and at price point that is a great value. Two of us had desert and the calories were well spent. The setting is ordinary but the food is super!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andreas T

Hartville, Ohio
“Schnitzel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Best in Ohio. Great breading and well textured.The atmosphere is great and the service couldn't be better. Not to mention the complementary soup and sale. It really gives you the authentic German feel.

• Visited July 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Food & Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I walked in just looking for a sandwich. Upon recommendation, I got the homemade cabbage rolls, and I'm glad I did. It was delicious, hearty food, not something that you can find easily. I've lived near Cafe Europa for years, and I'm certain to go back. I couldn't help but laugh afterward as I had been thinking of going to Subway or some other chain sandwich shop instead.

• Visited April 2014
Wake Forest, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I found Cafe Europa through Trip Advisor and after my visit felt compelled to write my first review. When I arrived I was concerned they were closed as I saw no one else inside, but on the strength of the reviews and I went inside to find they were open just having a slow night due to the weather.

The owner brought out a menu for me and immediately suggested a German beer and a bowl of the Italian Wedding Soup. From the first taste of each I knew I'd made a good choice for my evening meal. The meat balls in the soup were incredibly flavorful and perfectly seasoned. The dumplings were obviously homemade and just really hit the spot.

For my entree I had the chicken Marsala also on John's recommendation and hearty and filling. The mashed potatoes served with it needed just a little salt for my taste, but overall very good. The chicken was also served with delicious bread, also obviously made in house.

I finished with the Apple Struedel which was one of the best I've had.

On top of the food being top notch John was a gracious host. I was dining alone so John took the time to talk about where his ingredients were sourced, wheat flour from Utah, meat from the local Amish, while I ate. This helped pass the time during what might have otherwise been a boring evening.

Highly recommended. I'll probably be back for breakfast tomorrow morning.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jason s
Cleveland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cafe Europa is a WOW-Factor Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped in for lunch...never expected to be so graciously treated. Ordered Schnitzel and Veal Goulash.....both were excellent. Had the Wedding Soup with a bit of the German twist....really, really good. Sampled at couple of bakery items. Truthfully, I have never tasted better. I definitely recommend trying this restaurant. I understand they even host special occasions. This would be a great venue for a bridal or baby shower.

• Visited January 2014