“Served purpose” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Jamestown, New York
“Served purpose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

For a one night stay, it was okay. I'm not sure if I would stay a second night. Our room smelled like it had never been aired out. Very stale air. Not a big deal if you're a good sleeper without allergies. However, I'm not a sound sleeper, and after a night of breathing in the "unfiltered" air, my allergies flared-up. It's not a bad place, just not good for people with allergies. There needs to be more fresh air filtered in. Location near Mentor and Cleveland is great. Although they don't provide breakfast, there is a Burger King literally in the front of the driveway. Reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Try a king room with no carpet, just hard wood floors. Plenty of space and a large office style desk...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi Troy,
I apologize for the stuffy feeling from your room and that your allergies flared up. We do have a great location and I agree with your room tip to try the all new Premium Room. The flooring may have helped prevent an allergy flare up. The Premium room has all new furniture, mini fridge/microwave unit, hair dryer, iron with board and a coffee maker. There is also a welcome snack box in the room with orange juice, water, 2 granola bars, pop corn and some trail mix.
I hope you'll consider the Premium room during your next stay. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was our first visit to a Red Roof Inn and this particular hotel. We cannot say enough good things. We stayed in a Premium Room. Excellent Staff. Enjoyed the Snack Pack! And our dog stayed for free. I would recommend the Premium Room. The price was very reasonable. We will stay here again upon our next family visit.

Room Tip: Choose a Premium Room. May be more money but worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CJF676
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hello CJF,
Our entire staff appreciates your wonderful review and the recognition of their efforts. I am very happy you enjoyed your Premium room with all the great amenities and the snack pack. We look forward to your next visit with your dog. Thanks again!
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed over the 4th of July weekend. We checked in late at night and found the staff very friendly. The outside is a little tired. The rooms are small and there are few amenities but if what you're looking for is a clean comfortable room this is the place. We talked with someone else who was checking out the same time we were. Her experience was similar. She has traveled all over the country and this was the best Red Roof Inn she has stayed in. She was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judy R
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello Judy,
We appreciate the kind words in regards to our friendly staff and the cleanliness of the room, they enjoy the recognition of their efforts. Possibly you stayed in a standard room without many amenities, we do have several room types that feature many amenities such as; microwave/mini-fridge units, coffee makers, hair dryers, iron with ironing boards. Our Premium rooms offer all the listed above amenities with a welcome snack in the fridge and the room has all new furniture with a new design. On your next visit perhaps you can upgrade to a Premium room, Superior King or even a Deluxe Double. Thank you!
Medina, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Im a legit reviewer. If you get my drift. This hotel is waaay overrated. No continental breakfast, no coffee in room, no hair dryer, and Priceliners always get floor 2 with no elevator. Gotta love our busted up AC unit!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi Metoer,
Most Red Roof Inns do not offer continental breakfast. Our Premium rooms feature microwave/mini-fridge unit with a welcome snack box, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, all new furniture and new design. We do have several room types that offer hair dryers and coffee makers. Book through Redroof.com and see more choices than Priceline offers. I apologize for the busted up AC unit, we have some new units we will be installing this week. I hope you will give us another chance, thank you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I travel 3-4 nights per week with my job and work all night. Hotels are of course set up for I the opposite with their check in time. I am often questioned, but after ecplaining what I do, I have had at most 45 min to wait for a room to be cleaned or put in one immediately. NOT THE CASE HERE! First I was told EVERY room was dirty and no maids were on duty yet at 9:45am. I passed 3 on my way back to my vehicle. I waited outside until 11:30. When I went back in, I was told YOUR maid didnt come in yet. Long and short - I got a room at 12:45 slept 2 hrs, took a shower, and went back to work. My company uses hundreds of rooms each month in Ohio. This will not be one of them again... EXTREMELY RUDE!!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark C
Hello Mark,
My apologies for our staff not getting you into a room when you needed it and especially if our staff was rude. As you stated, hotels are set up opposite of your work schedule. Our check out time is noon and check in time is 1 pm. If you can please call me at 440-946-9872, I would like to talk to you. Thank you.
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay. The room was very clean. Beds were comfy. The decor in the room was very modern. I really enjoyed the HD Tv in the room. All of this fabulousness , and it wasn't even a premium room...Wow! I will stay again! Keep up the good work RR...

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mellab2013
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Mella B,
Thank you for staying in Willoughby, our housekeepers appreciate the recognition of their efforts and they say "Thank you!". I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us in just a regular room and that you loved the HD TV with 36 HD channels. We really look forward to seeing you in future travels and we will do our best to make your stay "fabulous" again. Have a great summer!
Bellevue, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

A nice hotel but the rooms are small with no breakfast. For a little more you can now upgrade your room. This might be a consideration and will possibly look at this option the next time around. There is quite a bit to choose from.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank montalker
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hi Montalker,
Our staff thanks you for recognizing their efforts in cleanliness. The next time you stay with us, please consider the upgrade to a new Premium room. The rooms have a new design and all new furniture, new flooring, vessel sink, microwave/mini-fridge, hair dryer, iron and ironing board and a welcome snack box in the fridge. Again, thank you for staying with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby? Share your experiences!