“Comfortable room, great value”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Chicago
“Comfortable room, great value”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We needed several rooms for a last-minute family trip and chose this hotel over another that would have been nearly twice the price. The Premium room appeared to be recently remodeled, with attractive, modern furniture and a laminate floor (no smelly carpeting). Beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet, clean, and safe. Shower was hot. Front desk staff were very pleasant. I'd have preferred queen-sized beds over full, but that was only a minor drawback for such a great value.

Room Tip: The Premium room is worth the small extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello Aunt CheChe!
We are very pleased that enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful review and we are glad you appreciated the "new Premium" rooms and the value vs other hotels. The Premium rooms have two double beds or one King size bed plus all the other amenities; microwave-fridge unit, hair dryer, coffee maker, extra large work station, iron and ironing board. I think our Front desk staff is the friendliest in town and thank you for recognizing their efforts. We look forward to seeing you and your family in future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We regularly stay at this property when in Cleveland visiting our family. Okay- no breakfast but there is a wide selection within a mile for any meal you'd desire. There is a nice pet walk area adjacent to the motel.The rooms are very clean, up to date, and priced right for what you get.

Last year I made a reservation using the Nicest Price feature. This is usually a non-refundable rate. Hurricane Sandy was about to hit the east coast and possibly even Ohio. We chose not to drive into the hurricane zone, called the motel, and the decision was made to refund our money! We had the same reservations along the route from OH to FL. None of the others would grant a refund. Guess which motel we returned to? No- I don't work for Red Roof Inns.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 936steveh
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Steve,
The entire staff appreciates your review, especially the housekeepers. We have a great location and fantastic property. Our Red Roof company also thanks you for the kind words regarding your cancellation. We look forward to seeing you again.
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great quality, Great price and Great friendly and knowledgeable staff .Being pet friendly is a plus also because many people travel with their pets. My husband is handicapped and the room we were in accommodated his needs quite well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any one traveling in the Cleveland , Willoughby area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Dawna,
Thank you for giving a "Great" review and recommending us to others. I am pleased we were able to meet the needs of you and your husband. We look forward to seeing you again in future travels.
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I travel a lot in Ohio for buisness. At first, I was sceptical of staying in a ecomony hotel. This hotel chain has improved and came recommended by a co worker. Then when I checked in, the clerk said the hotel is the 3rd best in the nation, so I raised my expectations. The hotel grounds were clean and I went to check in. I booked through red roofs website and she took a while to find the reservation. I had requested a first floor two months ago and she said it was not available due to high occupancy. No accomidations were made for my request. So I had to walk up flight of stairs to the end of the hallway on the second floor to my room.

I checked the bed for bedbuggs and found a yellow liquid stain on the sheets. In a hotel that is 3rd in the nation, I was expecting to have a clean room. Instead of replacing all of the sheets and comforter housekeeping only replaced the soil sheet and put the soiled comforter over the sheets. I was running late due to a meeting so I didn't have time to call again. I did not sleep well knowing that I am sleeping in a dirty bed. At checkout, no one asked how my stay was.

Like I mentioned earlier, I had real hopes for red roof in and I am questioning if all hotels have this level of cleanliness or organization.

• Stayed June 2013
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the review, I apologize your stay did not live up to your expectations (or ours). Occasionally, we are not able to grant requests and we really do our best to take care of guest requests. But yes, occupancy does play into those situations. I'm not certain what the yellow stain could be without seeing it, but I am pleased we were able to fix the problem during your visit. Typically we do not have problems like you experienced and I hope you will give us another try. Please call me at 440-946-9872.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2013

On a recent drive through Ohio from massachusetts, i booked a double premium room for my mom, me and my 2 precious pugs. I found this prpoerty through bringfido.com. it was important to have somewhere wonderful to stay with them. We arrived about 7pm and the clerk was wonderful, check in waz fast and easy. I was still very afraid i was going to get a crappy room. When i walked in to my room i was so impressed with the room, it smelled brand new, was spotless with clean comfy beds a snack in the fridge and space for my pugs to play. The clerk gave me menus because we were starving. We spent a quiet evening with my lugs relaxing before our ride to chicago. My only issue was the missed wake up call that we requested. I complained to Rhonda and she took care of me. Bravo to the management and staff of thks hotel, it was amazing and would definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
Greetings PugMama!
Thanks for staying in one of brand new Premium rooms! I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay and loved the room. My apologies for the missed wake-up call but happy to know Rhonda took care of you, she is terrific. Actually, our entire staff is very friendly and helpful. We look forward to your next visit (and bring your pugs, we love pets).
Watertown, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed in Willoughby for two nights at two hotels so see my review of the Comfort in across the street to compare and contrast.

I stayed in a standard room and thus my review will be specifically for that type. pros: clean room, fairly modern, flat screen tv, good wireless signal. cons: we had 2 rooms and both were non smoking, however one smelled of smoke, no breakfast, hotel rooms all face outside, and when the semi truck drivers staying there left really in the morning it woke me up when there engines were revving up, because if the setup of the hotel guests around our room were hanging out late at night talking and laughing outside our room. Beds also seemed hard and not very comfortable. I am sure the more expensive rooms are more comfortable. No fridges or microwaves.

The experience was enough for us to try the other hotel. The hotel is OK but nothing more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello Kendall,
Thank you for the review and recognizing our clean rooms with flat screen TV's and a good wifi signal. My apologies for the smell of smoke in one of your rooms, it is unfortunate when a previous guest smokes in a non-smoking room. When we discover that issue, we strip all bedding, draperies, shower curtain, clean carpet and sometimes even wash the walls. The next time you stay with us, we can get you a room that does not face the trucking area. We have Superior King rooms, Deluxe Doubles and Premium rooms that all feature microwave-fridge units and other amenities, only our standard rooms do not have the microwave-fridge unit. We look forward to your next visit.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have little to add to my review of 15 june 2013. Have a look at it. Nothing has changed This is still a great place to stay. Under Ken, the Manager"s, supervision they are adding some new premium rooms at the inn with more extras and more upmarket, stylish features in these new rooms.They should prove a value-added extra for those who want that little bit more from their stay. As for myself, Im looking forward to my next visit. Can"t fault the place., and they never disappoint.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Greetings Michael,
Thanks for the wonderful review (again). We always enjoy your visits with us, you are part of our family. Also, thanks for the plug on our new 'Premium rooms'. After our first week of guests staying in the plush rooms, we have had nothing but great comments about them. The rooms are beautiful and have a stylish design! We will save one for you on your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby? Share your experiences!