“Friendly, quiet, super clean!”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Celina, Ohio
“Friendly, quiet, super clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travel extensively throughout Ohio on business and this Red Rood Inn leads the rest. Always super friendly staff, clean rooms and a quiet location! Can't beat the business king, flat screen TVs and free wifi. Close to restaurants and a very safe environment. Excellent value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your last stay. We all very much appreciate your comments and look forward to continuing to provide the type of service you have come to expect from us. Thanks again, and see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Linden, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have stayed here several times over a number of years, and will continue to return. It is a super Red Roof property. Always extremely clean - our highest priority in a hotel. Also terrific helpful, pleasant staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return visit. See you next time!
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have stayed here several times over the years. It is a clean hotel in a good location. They had a large desk built in the room which was good for working. When I realized there was no hair dryer or iron in the room I panicked. However, the front desk had everything I needed and were very helpful to us. There is no breakfast offered here but it is close enough to a lot of restaurants so it's not a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks very much for taking time to write a review and for the kind comments. We are glad you liked your room and found the staff to be helpful, and we look forward to your return visit. See you soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

my friend and i had a 2 night stay..

When i went back to my room on day 2 after having lunch i could not enter my room. due to key card malfunction. The front desk person was unable to get me in my room for more than an hour, due to this malfunction. It was a HOT day in august and it was just after noon.

An hour later the same thing happened AGAIN but this time only a half hour inconvenience.
We were offered another room, which we had to take all of our luggage..ect over to the new room.

The next morning, with our DO NOT DISTURB sigh on the outside, a maid entered our room, releasing our dogs into the parking lot next to the road

When we tried to checkout we presented 2 credit cards to SPLIT the bill.

My friends credit card and mine have been charged so many multiple times with HUGE charges, small charges, multiple of the same charge. We have contacted the main RED Roof office to try to rectify.

This has been going on for more than a month. This is completely insane. We both have had to made 10 or more calls to the main office to try to rectify this.

This location has been nothing but trouble. I hope this all ends soon as i have contacted my credit card's fraud department to help me deal with this. Luckily, i do not have to deal this with RedRoof again after this review is completed, I advise you to not risk dealing with either.

Room Tip: check and double check you credit card charges for up to 5 weeks after the stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry for the problems you had during and after your stay. Rest assured that measures have been put in to place to prevent you or any other guest from having the credit card trouble you did. Also, the housekeepers have all been strongly reminded about Red Roof's policy on entering rooms, especially pet rooms. Thank goodness your dogs did not run away!

We hope you realize that the issues you encountered during and after your stay are not the norm. We further hope you will give us another chance to provide excellent service to your dogs and you the next time your travels require lodging.
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just checked out after 4 days at the Red Roof. Very much appreciate the reviews from this site as they helped me make this selection. Stay was great for this class of hotel. Room was clean and quite, especially with doors on the exterior of the units. Some guests start early leaving for work or travel and you hear them, but that is to be expected . Bed was firm and even my wife said she liked the bed. She typically prefers softer. Personnel were friendly and accommodating. A lot of food choices nearby and large mall is about 2 miles away. I will definitely stay there agin on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Douglas B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We are very happy that your room was clean and comfortable and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very proud that my employees were so friendly and accommodating to you as to mentioned them in the Tripadvisor! They will be very pleased to hear that they were recognized. I would however like to apologize for the early morning noise from the departing guests. We are still trying to find a viable solution to dampen the outside sounds to the room.

Doug Buckley-General Manager
Red Roof Inn
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a nice surprise. I travel to this area once a year to visit family, and the other hotels in the area are really sub-par. This was very nice and the room was quite large. The hotel offers free wi-fi, but the connection is a bit weak. I give this hotel a high rating RELATIVE to the price I paid, which was very good.

The hotel was difficult to find, because it is located behind a large Burger King and the signage is not very prominent for the hotel. However, the general location is good, because it is located at the intersection of Interstate 90 and Ohio Route 306. There is a nice restaurant directly across the street. Also within just a couple miles, by going north on Route 306, you will find all sorts of nice places.

It gets only four stars because the maid did not service my room the first night I was there, despite the fact that I had vacated it by 10 AM. But it didn't really matter much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Douglas B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your experience with us! It brings me great joy to hear that you liked all aspects of our hotel. We have recently taken on a few new hires in multiple departments and they are helping tremendously with our guest satisfaction and the overall maintenance of our hotel. We are also glad that you consider our hotel the best value in the area! My staff and I have set our standards very high for ourselves and are glad that our guests appreciate our efforts.

Doug Buckley - General Manager
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a great stay at the red Roof Inn, close to the highway, close to the beach, restaurants nearby, great room, very clean, everything worked perfectly nice staff, very friendly and great service, an example for other places and motel brands !!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs corner room, less neighbours .....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiabloDesigns v
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us in Erie. I am delighted that you found our rooms to be clean and worth the value, and located close to many attractions. I encourage all of our guests here to let us know if there is ever anything we can do to improve their stay. My staff have all been trained to be the as friendly and accommodating as possible. I hope that on your next visit through town you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Doug Buckley - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby? Share your experiences!