“Great stay !!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
“Great stay !!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a great stay at the red Roof Inn, close to the highway, close to the beach, restaurants nearby, great room, very clean, everything worked perfectly nice staff, very friendly and great service, an example for other places and motel brands !!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs corner room, less neighbours .....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiabloDesigns v
Douglas B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us in Erie. I am delighted that you found our rooms to be clean and worth the value, and located close to many attractions. I encourage all of our guests here to let us know if there is ever anything we can do to improve their stay. My staff have all been trained to be the as friendly and accommodating as possible. I hope that on your next visit through town you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Doug Buckley - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
WEST CHESTER
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This would be a "terrible" rating if the checkout clerk had not honored Red Roof's Hassle Free guarantee in light of the many problems we experienced. On the plus side, our room was very clean, and the property is conveniently (if noisily) located right at an I-90 exit. A Burger King is right next door, which is necessary since the hotel offers no amenities other than wifi, a free newspaper, and free coffee in the lobby. The rate is too high for strictly no-frills accomodations. We had a typical outside-entry room with the stool and shower behind a door and the sink in the open. The under-window heating/cooling unit's fan cycled on only when more cooling was needed. I prefer always-on to mask the sound from other rooms (the rooms are not soundproof!). No closet, just a rack to hang clothes on. There was no coffee maker, hair dryer, or iron, and an old CRT TV. A sign in the lobby said a hair dryer could be requested, but when my wife asked for one they were unavailable, so she went to a wedding with wet hair. The hotel should spend a few more bucks and have enough hair dryers if it's not going to install them in the guest rooms like most hotels do!

Since our adult son was traveling with us, we had a reservation for a two-bed room for three adults. When we checked in (that part went smoothly), we were given a room with two sets of towels and two plastic water glasses--we had to get adequate supplies from the front desk. On our second day, we were gone for part of the morning, and when we returned around noon our room had not been made up. We left again around 1 pm for the wedding and returned at 10 or 11 p.m. When we tried to enter our room, none of the three passcards would work, so I went to the lobby to have our keys reactivated. Three police cars were parked outside the lobby. I entered the lobby and stood behind the police who were talking with the desk clerk, waiting my turn. From their conversation I inferred that the desk clerk thought somebody was inside a room with the deadbolt locked from the inside, although the computer supposedly said that room was a "no show," and she was concerned that somebody had died or something. Finally, the police asked for the room number--it was our room! The clerk said her master key did not work and the deadbolt was locked, but she reprogrammed my three keys and accompanied me back to the room. I entered my key card, and the door opened as usual. The deadbolt was not locked. And the room had still received no housekeeping service.

Although I appreciate the clerk's concern for my welfare, some pieces of this story make no sense. The clerk had my signed registration for the room supposedly occupied by a "no show," and as I mentioned the room could easily be entered simply by reprogramming a key. If there was a computer error or misinterpretation, it certainly was not our fault. I asked the night clerk to adjust my rate, and I discovered on checkout that she had deducted $10 because we had received no housekeeping service. Fortunately, the checkout clerk was competent and made a more appropriate adjustment.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interstate are probably noisy. Space permitting, you can park right outside a groun...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vwdriverWestChester
I am sorry that your stay with us was less than expected and that you felt we are underserving of our number #1 status. While it is true that other hotels may offer pools, and other fancy bells and whistles, we try to focus on the simpler things. Such as room cleanliness and general hospitality towards our guests. Our electronic key coding system apparently malfunctioned which cause the front desk employee to feel someone may be in danger. I personally apologize for any discomfort that you or your family experienced during this ordeal. And in this aspect I would also like to apologize because it seems we have slipped a little on our promise to our guests. I will talk with my team about stepping up our performance with dealing with our guest interaction via phone calls, and especially a follow up once a guest has already checked in. I am disappointed that we were not able to live up to the expectations that we have set for ourselves and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The rooms are very clean and maintained well. The location has always been very safe and monitored constantly. The staff including, management, housekeeping, and maintainence has always been very friendly and responded inj an excellent fashion whenever the need or request arose! Have stayed both long term and frequently for both business and personel and highly recommend for any purpose. Centrally located and plenty of fine restaurants and a great variety for anyone. A really great stay! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Ask for all the options prior to check in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Douglas B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your continued support of our hotel! We love when our guests choose us time and again while on the road, for us they become a family. I will be sure to mention to the staff your kind words regarding the way that you are treated. We're looking forward to your next stay with us as we will be certain to have a nice clean room waiting!

Doug Buckley
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We ended up here because it was very close to a wedding we were attending. The room was somewhat clean but the motel looks run down inside and out. There was no blowdryer or iron, which are pretty essential when attending a wedding. I dont know if every room lacks those essentials, but our small standard king room did. On the plus side the bed was comfortable. This room was no where in the realm of being worth 89.95 for the night. If you were passing through for one night and could get it for 65 I would say go for it. Otherwise push on a few more exits and find a better alternative.

1 Thank Rams4Life
Douglas B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for responding to this survey. I would like to apologize for your stay with us being disappointing and not what you had anticipated in terms of price. We try to keep our pricing competitive in our area, especially with some hotels reaching as high as a few hundred dollars on peak nights. I am also sorry that you weren’t told about the hair dryers and irons being available at the front desk. I have now put signage at the front desk advertising our available amenities.

Doug Buckley – General Manager
Kansas
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Motel is well landscaped with tidy grounds, very clean room. Liked the small fridge, microwave and safe in the room. The A/C was not very effective. By 5:30 PM on our third night, the room had not been made up. We called and a housekeeper came and handed us clean towels. We had to tell her to come inside and take away the old ones and emply the trash cans. The morning of our check-out, the toilet wouldn't fill after flushing, so we had to fill the tank using tub water and the ice bucket. The quality of the soap is so poor -- POW camps may have better -- that we bought a bar just so we'd actually get some lather.

We took great care to ensure we would have a handicapped accessible room, talking both with online agent and the motel itself. We did not get an accessible room, meaning great inconvenience & safety issues for us. The front desk clerk said they have no direct control over this.The staff gave us a folding plastic chair for the tub - nice - but it really was a hazard. We needed grab bars, etc.

This hotel is close only to a Burger King and a C-store. It's 5 miles down the highway from any decent place to eat breakfast and about 10 minutes from downtown Willoughby. I recommend this hotel for able-bodied people who need just a night's stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Douglas B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for replying to this survey. I would like to apologize for the last experience you encountered while here. I hope that you will not let one time discourage you from staying with us permanently. We do our best to accommodate our guests with special needs and requests. I hope that you will allow us another chance to serve you when you come to town again. We would be more than happy to reserve you a room in the second building with a spot reserved for you. I hope that you will give us one more chance to show you the hotel that we can be.

Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Have stayed at this location many times for business, never have had a complaint. Beds are very comfortable, rooms clean. Eating places are few close but have many within a mile. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Douglas B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for posting a review; we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant enough to earn us your preference whenever you are in the area. !’m also glad to find out that your bed was comfortable as we have been replacing many beds over the last 6 months. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thanks for staying with us.

Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Rooms and baths were very clean. helpful kind staff. just what we needed to continue a long trip. very quiet spot. gas station nearby and other easy to get to places near. would use this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond with a review on our Inn. We are very happy that your room was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us! I believe our location is ideally located near to restaurants, shopping malls, and other forms of entertainment. I will be sure to mention your kind words, regarding my staff, to them.

Doug Buckley, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby? Share your experiences!