“good night's sleep”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Burlington, Canada
“good night's sleep”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

After camping for a week in 90+ temperatures, we decided to splurge and stay here. We found it to be clean and quiet. The shower was great. No breakfast was the only negative.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
JoyBHannon_ON,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard for your ‘splurge’. We hope you did have a good time camping, despite the heat. Glad to hear you felt our hotel is clean and quiet. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you visit Willoughby.

Chris Cornett, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Crivitz, wi
Reviewed July 13, 2012

For $150/night we expect comfortable beds, relative silence, free breakfast. For Marriott properties we expect a bit more. This motel had deafeningly loud toilets - We knew all our neighbor's bathroom habits. The coffee in the room was toxically-bad. Lack of a free breakfast is just plain chintzy in a premium-priced motel. At least the toilets awoke us from comfortable beds during the night.

Room Tip: Usually I'd say "just pick a Marriott property". Now I should say "BUT check Tri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Northerngrandpa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will be talking with my team regarding your comments. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Courtyard in the future.

Christopher Cornett, General Manager
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2012

For A hotel that has just undergone reservations, I was not impressed with the quality of the rooms. The room we were in was very dry, so much so that I woke up with a nosebleed, that is when I was able to sleep at all. The hotel choice was used because we were up for a wedding for my brother, and this was the hotel they set up a block of rooms with. The first night I woke up at 2 in the morning to find I had got my arm caught in the bed springs because the mattress that was left on the bed had an entire side split open to where the springs were exposed. I could have seriously injured myself. After this I couldn't get back to sleep because there was not enough air in the room to keep it cool. I informed the front desk, and at least they changed the mattress (I didn't even mention the air because I had learned the hotel was booked and I new it wouldn't do any good), but I was a little disappointed they did not offer me a discount on the night. The snacks that they had available for purchase including the drinks were warm at best because the cooler didn't work. The mini fridge I had requested for my room didn't even work, so it was pointless. I was also upset because I had called a few days in advance to find out if there was a continental breakfast offered and I was told at that time that there was a breakfast buffet for $5.95. When we got there, we found that the so called buffet would not be available til June 22 and they offered a chintzy continental breakfast. The overall quality of our stay was not worth what we paid. In truth, we had a much better stay at the Motel 6 that we had stayed in several months before right across the street. We had expected so much more and received so much less. Hopefully the quality changes, but I don't believe we will stay there any time soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Kevin A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I regret that you did not have a good experience with us and I apologize for the issues you encountered. Please know that I will be meeting with our staff to review the high standards that Marriott is known for. All feedback is important and again, thank you for your review. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Presto
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is being updated but the focus should be on cleanliness. I woke up to bed bugs in room 335 this morning!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank DWZPresto
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
DWZPresto,
Thank you for posting a review; we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and regret that you found a pest in your room. Please know that we take bed bugs extremely seriously at Marriott. We are diligent in following strict protocols whenever an instance like this occurs. Thank you for reporting it to us so that we could put those protocols in place to eliminate them right away and prevent further problems.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here Fourth of July when we decided we were too tired to continue driving home to NY. We were not overcharged for the room, and the staff was very friendly. We asked for a view of the fireworks and had a great balcony with a perfect view. Our overall our experience with the hotel was quite good. The room smelled and appeared clean, so no complaints there. We ordered a pizza because they 4th of July traffic was too much but there are a ton of restaurants nearby and we did go out for lunch the next day. We traveled down the road a bit and ended up eating at a Mexican buffet for like $8 a piece, it was awesome! I wouldn't recommend this place if you are looking to stay in Cleveland but if you are just passing through, this place is much cheaper than staying in Cleveland for a night.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for what you are looking for, they were very helpful!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Rhely21,
Thank you so much for your review – we couldn’t be more thrilled to have such a nice recommendation. I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to pass along all of your comments to our staff.
Thanks again,
Midlands
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I agree the hotel is slightly dilapidated, but only slightly. The rooms are clean and well sized, and they are always correctly made up each day. There are also some Suites. I did notice some noise at night from the freeway, but I am noise sensitive, and it was borderline. If this concerns you, ask to stay in the rooms to the left of the hotel, as you look from the front. Some of the rooms do have balconies, but they are nothing to write home about. The air conditioning and heating always work well. The gym is small, but has a couple of good machines, though the cycle machine could do with renewing.
This hotel used to be good for evening food if you lacked a car, because Damons was across the parking lot. Damons has now closed, but there are alternatives almost as close across the road, so that is not a big issue.The nearby Hilton Garden Inn does not have this, so you would need a car there.
What really marks this hotel out, because what I have said so far would score average, is its staff. They are lovely people who without exception during my 1 week stay went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Thankyou. They were not perfect, but when something went wrong, they addressed it honestly and with humility, and they more than compensated...truly decent people

Room Tip: To avoid road noise, go for rooms on the left, when looking at the hotel from the front
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
MidlandsFlyAbout,
Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. We will soon be going through a major renovation and will be upgrading to the new Marriott Standards; this includes replacing all of our exercise equipment. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I stay in a lot of Marriott properties and we didn't find this one to be quite up to expectations for a Courtyard. It was clean, adequate and the little experience we had with the font desk staff was positive.

The rooms were on the small side and the decor was out of date. The bed was about the least comfortable hotel bed I even slept on. We were in town for a birthday party/night out at the bars and for a crash pad, at a cheap rate this was perfect. For anything other than a quick, one night stay I'd look elsewhere.

Room Tip: We noticed a few of the rooms had balconies - I'm sure could request this.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Minnow1982,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate hearing from you. Our hotel is getting ready to go through a major renovation to update our décor and bring it up to new fresh Marriott standards. We hope that if you are ever in the area again you decide to stay with us.
Thank you again for the feedback.
Chris Cornett, General Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East

Been to Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby? Share your experiences!