“Blizzard outside warm inside.”

Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Batavia
“Blizzard outside warm inside.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A blizzard coming so I called & extended my stay a day early., no problem, needed to be at the Cleveland clinic for a consult. Stormy outside but nice and warm inside, Close to all shopping and easy access to downtown Cleveland. Pleasant people at desk. I neede a smoking room and they had one available, which was great, I didn't have to smoke outside in a snow storm..I would recommend a room with KING BED as it gives you more room and better floor plan. Nice value and would stay again if needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed January 29, 2014

A basic hotel in a really convenient location (for us) at a good price. It was snowy and frigid when we stayed and the hotel coped well. The room was warm and clean, the bed comfortable, a good TV with lots of channels including HBO. Kind of a strange smell in the room but we got used to it easily. We planned to stay for 2 days, but were able to leave early and the front desk made the change simply. Helped us find a nearby source of flowers. Many restaurants right nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I cannot even begin to describe what a wonderful gem of a hotel this is! I booked a double Non-smoking room. Upon arriving at the property, there were 2 police cars, which had me worried! However, I didn't need to be! When I went to the front desk, I was greeted by a sweet woman. After I had booked the room (literally on the way to the hotel) I recieved an email for 10% off my stay, I asked her if I could use that, and she happily added my savings! After my discount I paid less than $45 for one night! I went to the room, and again what a wonderful surprise! Clean, well decorated, and DID NOT SMELL LIKE SMOKE!!!!!!!! Beds were fairly comfortable, TV wasn't a flat screen but I DON'T CARE about that! Was close to many restaurants. Truly a wonderful Surprise!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jill R
ohio
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Motel 6, Cleveland-Willoughby in June & again in Dec. The nonsmoking rooms have been totally updated with a comfortable bed. In June the hotel was full and I stayed in a smoking room which was okay the bed was good however the room was not as nice as the nonsmoking room. As a previous smoker and one who does not mind people who smoke, I do think hotels should eliminate smoking in their rooms. There is easy access to the outside from all rooms and smoking should just be outside. There is a nice pool here in the summer. The hotel is clean and there is abundant parking if you go around to the back of the hotel. There is an entrance to the lobby from the front and the back. There is a lobby with vending machines. There is three or four restaurants within walking distance & a CVS on the corner. I would recommend this hotel for the value, cleanliness and comfort. They do need a bathroom in the lobby which I believe in the summer they will be adding. The check in and check out process smooth. To enter the rooms from the elevator you must use your key which is a good safety feature. The area is very safe with easy access from the freeway.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking rooms are nicer than smoking rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
weymouth
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Best motel 6 I have stayed in. Got a single room with a king size bed. Room and bathroom were both clean. For $ 50 it is well worth every penny. Front desk attendant very friendly. Few restaurants a walking distance..

Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the Motel 6, Cleveland-Willoughby, on Sept. 25. It was MUCH less expensive than the other motels in the area and since I was there only one night the saving was worth it. The bed was comfortable, the AC worked well, it was clean and quiet (except that the "textured" bottom of the bathtub didn't look completely clean). Strangely, there was no alarm clock in the room (I'm sure that could have been remedied, if I had bothered to call the front desk); the tissue holder was empty and there were no extra blankets. I would stay there again b/c of the savings but it did seem that there was a lack of attention to detail. Also missed being able to have breakfast at the motel - not only a money-saver but just as importantly, a real time-saver.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, which was my preference.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Nicely furnished comfortable motel, a notch above what you'd expect from a Motel 6.

Prices are fairly low but then they nickel and dime you: extra charge for internet, breakfast consist in just coffee and access to vending machines with no real breakfast items.

Parking a little skimpy, you need room card to access the elevator. Nothing of this is major: the motel does properly its main job of giving you a comfortable room for a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank George4144
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby? Share your experiences!