“No frills hotel close to highways, but don't expect to be impressed”

Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I needed a place to stay for a single night. The highways nearby were clogged and this was right where I needed to go, so I got a room for the night. I had read that some other places within 5-10 miles were less expensive, but I liked the location and convenience here. The front desk people were nice and set me up with a room and lots of nearby tips and directions. The room itself was basic, although it did have a safe, a little refrigerator, and a microwave, which were nice surprises. The room itself was a little old but had all the basics. The concerns mostly were around level of cleaning. I found little shards of broken glass just outside my door. (Somebody must have broken a bottle in the hallway and the cleanup was not thorough.) There were some hairs in the bathroom and the carpet. But the bed appeared to be clean and comfortable enough. My window faced right out to the parking lot near the front door and I would suggest a higher floor room if you go. The next morning I visited the continental breakfast and had some fruit and juice--the only other options were some lackluster muffins and cold cereal. But just having a breakfast option was nice. In summary, not a place I would take my wife, but sufficient for me.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland

Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stay hear every year and we have noticed all of the new improvements that the new owners are making. we have noticed New Carpeting, Tile, Paint, New air conditioner, and the tub and tile looks refurbished. Dinos attached to the building is a GREAT Italian restaurant! The Front desk Person was very Nice and polite.
For a old Building its Starting to look nice, I will stay Hear again and again, Thanks For the Stay!! Joe and Kara

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pezamania
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I could write a mini novel about issues encountered with our stay here Aug. 13th and 14th, 2010 so I will try to just stick to the facts of what we encountered. At least two of the access doors to the building, keyed so room key cards are needed to open them (for safety reasons) were never locked during our stay so anyone could enter the building. There was a good amount of dog poop on the sidewalk outside the door we entered which was never cleaned up and we had to watch to make sure we didn't step in it every time we entered and exited the building. We also encountered a very strong cat urine smell in the hallways at various times throughout our stay. At check in we viewed 3 different rooms before we gave up and accepted the third one figuring they were all about the same. Our reservation paperwork stated the cancellation policy was in order to cancel it had to be by 4pm Aug 12th so I took that to mean we were stuck with what we had and couldn't get a refund and go some place else. Room 1 had lights that didn't work in the bathroom and there were black spots in the tub/shower area which looked like mold. Room 2 had a shower/tub area that also had the black mold and looked dirty and room 3's freezer in the refrigerator was frozen solid with frost so we couldn't put anything in it. All the lighting were dim so it made it hard to see to put makeup on or do much of anything that required better lighting. The toilet/tub area which was separate from the sink area, had what I believe was a 28" door and opening opening which was narrow and the tub had what looked like peeling paint/ resurfacing material all over the tub. The shower leaked at the faucets and painting/patchwork above it on the ceiling was bulging and looked like it could fall down at any time. There was a rusty hole in the metal door frame larger than a silver dollar and there was no ventilation fan. The room and hotel in general seem dirty in places and old and worn. The reviews that say the hotel was remodeled in 2009 make me wonder what it could have possibly been like prior to that because it does not look remodeled, especially in the bathrooms. The pool had leaves and bugs floating around and what looked like black mold along the sides and bottom and corners. When I told the front desk staff the first day of our concerns about our room and the access doors not being locked I was told by one person that they would try to do whatever they could to compensate us and fix the door issue but upon check out I was offered nothing but excuses in a matter of fact tone by a woman at the front desk I believe was management. I can not believe this place has the Days Inn name on it. I've stayed in other Days Inns in the past that were very nice but I would say this place is a dump with bad management. There aren't many options for hotels in the area but I would head to Red Roof which is across the street or try ANY PLACE else before I would resort to having to stay here ever again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Now that we are currently in our second room, after the first not having a toilet that flushed or even locked, the only rooms that were/are available are smoking! Luckly the poor maintence kid and I mean kid gave us a bottle of Febreeze. The front desk girl is sickingly sweet, but is in total disregaurd as to what people are asking for. WOULD NOT EVER GO AGAIN! We bought our own bedding, towels and such. Pubic hair in the sheets! Someone really needs to check out this place! And also after being told on the phone we could use our coupon of $55/ night she was unable to find the code in the computer. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Nice clean bedding, excellent pool, location was great for us since my race started in Willoughby, but quite a way from Cleveland downtown

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

This hotel is NOT worth your money. The curtains, walls and floor all clashed with each other. The bath had mold and was peeling off thebottom. I would NOT bathe my children in it. The microwave was so old I couldn't believe it could even turn on and the curtains were falling off. The bed wasn't terrible, but the pillows were awful. It was not that clean either. The edges of the carpet hadn't been vaccuumed in a long time and it just felt dingy. The breakfast was not healthy and had a limited choice. Don't stay here if you can help it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Management is quick to respond to any problem or suggestion from us! They are spending money & time to improve the appearance of the halls and rooms. They are friendly and helpful. It is 30 minutes to downtown to Jacob's Field and close to good shopping. The pool is excellent. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland? Share your experiences!