“Couldn't wait to get out of there”

Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Pontiac, Illinois
“Couldn't wait to get out of there”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My experience here was similar to the Grand Rapids MI person. Totally Disgusting! Our room looked like they were working in it,( painting & etc) all week but didn't clean up. Filth all along th edges of the carpet. Carpet in places felt sticky. Paint splotchs on the carpet. Shower curtain moldy and around the bathtub. Person checking us in, didn't seem like she wanted to be bothered. Also didn't give us very good directions to our room. Told us to go through door C, which we didn't find, but found the room on our own. The website said it was remodeled this past spring. I was expecting a nice room since the website says it was remodeled this past spring. Hate to see what it was like if they call this remodeled! Felt really ripped off for the price they charge for such a dump. Other places we stayed on our trip was not as expensive and much nicer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My standards are not very high, but this place was the most disgusting place I've ever stayed in. I thought I was getting a good deal because of the low price and the location. I was dead wrong. Just the smells were enough to never recommend this place, not to mention the mildew/mold in the bathroom or the fact that it seemed as though they hadn't cleaned the room in months. I'm not sure they had even changed the sheets since the last schmuck stayed there. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids. MI
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I have been to quite a few days inn and hotel's for that matter. My best friend lives in cleveland so i try to go there as much as possible however i will never go to this hotel ever again.
I went to this hotel because it was closest to my friends house. when you drive up to the days inn it is already a regret because they building paint is chipping then you move on to the front desk and you already notice how dirty this hotel is and dimly lit. When you are greeted by the hotel associates they seem as though they do not want to be there and thats not customer service.
However i went for a few days and i got to see my best friend so i was excited anyways i go bring my stuff to my room and they were repainting the hotel so it reeked of drying paint i could not find my room because there was no room number so i had to have cleaning help find my room. Then about 2 seconds after i go to the room and use the cleaning room the staff asks me to leave because they have not yet cleaned my room and i was confused because i checked in at 3:30 and my room was not yet cleaned.
So i finally get to use my room and get situated and they had ashes in the ash trey not left by me or my boyfriend the bathroom and room smelled of mildue and the carpet felt as though it was rotting under your feet. They claim to have wireless however i could not get the internet to work.
I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone its dirty the associates suck and they dont know how to do anything and the only answer they have for questions is what am i supposed to do about that.... um how about your job.
to sum it all up you might as well sleep in a car because this hotel is dirty rude and run down. it should cost no more that 10 dollars a night to stay there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Rexburg, Idaho
Reviewed August 28, 2008

After a long day at Cedar Point, we drove here to stay for the night, then to continue our trip to Kirtland. Upon arrival the key we received from the front desk would not open our room. The lady at the front desk was quick to help and friendly, our room however was not what we had expected. Some light fixtures were out making our room very dim. The pool had insufficient locks for our children under two. In fact they had no locks at all. We played in the pool and there was live in there that was drunk and told us to take a swim, rather disturbing because the next morning we were there and he was out there and kept staring at anyone that would get in the pool.The shower water would change temperature every two minutes, luke warm and then scalding hot. Had to jump out of the shower several times. Brother-in-law that was with us smelled bad from a hot day at an amusement park but would not set foot inside the bathroom because it was so dirty. When we were getting ready to leave there was a man vacuuming the hall and when walking out of the room he started barking at me. I would recommend sleeping under your car before this place.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
everywhere
Reviewed June 6, 2008

We had a funeral in the area and a lot of family members coming from out of area. Days Inn is typically known as a reasonable hotel. Not this one. Our rooms were dingy. The bathroom door did not close, our toilet ran all night. I had to keep taking the top off to jiggle the chain. The tub area was rusty. That was our room.
We had another family member that (no lie) got bed bugs!!!
Another family member had no heat in there room and when moved into another room it had heat was nasty in the smoking section.
The breakfast consist of 2 cereals, instant outmeal, and maybe bagels. But expect to have to eat it in your room, only two 2 person tables.
Overall keep shoes on your feet and go fully clothed to bed. Ovoid intamite relations. You never kow what you are going to get.

Whoever wrote the review in October must work there.

• Liked — Right off highway
  • Disliked — Everything Scary
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
anaglyph
Reviewed November 4, 2007

Thin walls -- expect to hear your neighbors and not get a good night's sleep. Also, if you bring your computer along, don't forget to bring a power outlet -- the only open one I could find in the "Business" room (extra cost) was in the bathroom nook.

• Stayed November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank anaglyph
buffalo, ny
Reviewed August 24, 2007

This hotel was close to Manakiki golf course my husband played at. He was very impressed with the course by the way. I stayed back at the hotel while he played golf and figured I'd lounge at the pool. Well the pool was freezing and not that clean. The room we had was by the stairwell and outside door, not a good idea because of the extra noise. But the room itself was old, the carpeting was filthy and I wore my flip flops so my feet wouldn't touch the floors. Old tub area with a big patch up tile job. The faucets actually wiggled when you turned the water on and off! They didn't even use the same color, and the caulking was smeared. The baseboards were coming off too. YUK!! You had to go out of the room to wash your hands in a separate sink area, WEIRD!! ! At night we heard strange noises coming from the outside wall, we still aren't sure of what it was. I did not sleep well , worrying about some crittters I might see.Thank God it was only for one night! I'm sure you could do much better for a few extra bucks, at least you could be comfortable and get a good nights sleep.Also if the rooms were non smoking, why did the place have such a strong cigeratte smell? My overall reaction was YUK! and I was so glad to get out of there!

• Liked — continental breakfast
  • Disliked — condition of the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laceysu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby

Been to Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland? Share your experiences!