“Understanding”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Understanding”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

They honored my special request even though I didn't expect them and we're very understanding of my specific situation! If I'm ever in the area again I'd like to give them business in the future...thanks again!````

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GMOhio, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for finding the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We take comments as opportunities for growth and improvement.

It is great to hear that by being understanding of your situation we were able to demonstrate that guest satisfaction is of great importance to us. We are willing to go the extra mile just so we can provide a wonderful hotel experience and convince our guests that we are worth another visit.

It was a pleasure to serve you. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Willoughby
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The room was the dirtiest I have ever stayed in. I travel frequently and this was a new experience. The shower curtain had mold, the tub had mold. To open the door to the room, it was necessary to kick the bottom of the door. The edges of the carpet had not been cleaned in months. There was a brown stain on the underside of the comforter. The halls looked they had not been cleaned in weeks. The entrance mats were the worst I have ever seen. The weather was dry and there was no reason for me and the other guest to step over a shovel at the entrance to the hall leading to our room. There was a slippery when wet sign laying on the floor just inside the door entrance. I stepped over it to get my luggage inside the building. It was still there the next morning. I went to the front desk asking for a different room. I asked to see the room before I moved my things. The new lights did not work in the new room, I could not see if it was clean. The young lady at the desk stopped reading her book long enough to tell me she could have an electrician there within the hour. I told her never mind I would stay in my current room. She suggested that I come down the next morning and talk to housekeeping and show them how to clean the room. The towels were torn, stained and a dingy gray. (they were once white). Also on the towel bar next to the sink, there was apparently a guest hand towel that someone had left, with a monogram "R" on in included in the hanging hand towels. Weird. Need I say more.... The next day after the room was cleaned, the maids left a wet dirty cleaning rag on the dresser and a roll of trash bags. I set them outside the door in the hall and they also were still there the next morning. It appears there is no manager on site and the young people working the desk are inexperienced. There was suppose to be a restaurant and lounge. It did not exist.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMOhio, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
It deeply saddens us to read about your experience during your stay. We sincerely apologize that you had such poor service from us. We understand your disappointment with the condition of your room, the hotel itself and the service in general. We will definitely take each of your concerns and use it to reevaluate all of our processes so we can make the necessary improvements and correct any deficiencies.

Again, please accept our apologies for having failed to give you a pleasant and memorable stay. We hope that you will reconsider and give us a chance to provide you a far better experience on your next visit.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I stay for about 6 days. He's from a very rural area and this was the only afforable place we found near-by. Wishing we chose the Red Roof Inn across the street!

The staff here is very nice. Whenever we had an issue they were immediately there to resolve the issue.

We had an issue where our drain clogged up after taking our first shower. We didn't think we did anything to clog it ourselves but a staff came in and cleared the drain. We were put in a handi-cap room (that we didn't ask for) and wish we were given that option or told that we are placed in a handicap room RIGHT next to the laundry room and the exit. So we constantly heard noises and felt the cold air. Our shower head fell off on the last night.. would of been an issue if we were staying longer. There were alot of stains on the sheets and pillows. Seemed to be an old comforter set from the early 90's.

Overall we got what we paid for and were ok with it. Didn't try the breakfast. The bed was nice and comfy though. Overall not one of the best hotels in the area but it's improving. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Don't agree to a handi-cap accesible room unless you need it. There are better options.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMOhio, Manager at Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that found our staff to be very hospitable and the bed to be so comfortable. Please know that if we had been informed about any dissatisfaction regarding your room we would have gladly moved you and/or replaced any bedding that was not to you standard. We aim to provide all guests with an experience which is enjoyable and memorable. Thank you for your business and we hope you choose us again when you’re in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby

Been to Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland? Share your experiences!