“eeeuuuuu!!!!”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
everywhere
“eeeuuuuu!!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

We had a funeral in the area and a lot of family members coming from out of area. Days Inn is typically known as a reasonable hotel. Not this one. Our rooms were dingy. The bathroom door did not close, our toilet ran all night. I had to keep taking the top off to jiggle the chain. The tub area was rusty. That was our room.
We had another family member that (no lie) got bed bugs!!!
Another family member had no heat in there room and when moved into another room it had heat was nasty in the smoking section.
The breakfast consist of 2 cereals, instant outmeal, and maybe bagels. But expect to have to eat it in your room, only two 2 person tables.
Overall keep shoes on your feet and go fully clothed to bed. Ovoid intamite relations. You never kow what you are going to get.

Whoever wrote the review in October must work there.

• Liked — Right off highway
  • Disliked — Everything Scary
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
anaglyph
Reviewed November 4, 2007

Thin walls -- expect to hear your neighbors and not get a good night's sleep. Also, if you bring your computer along, don't forget to bring a power outlet -- the only open one I could find in the "Business" room (extra cost) was in the bathroom nook.

• Stayed November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank anaglyph
buffalo, ny
Reviewed August 24, 2007

This hotel was close to Manakiki golf course my husband played at. He was very impressed with the course by the way. I stayed back at the hotel while he played golf and figured I'd lounge at the pool. Well the pool was freezing and not that clean. The room we had was by the stairwell and outside door, not a good idea because of the extra noise. But the room itself was old, the carpeting was filthy and I wore my flip flops so my feet wouldn't touch the floors. Old tub area with a big patch up tile job. The faucets actually wiggled when you turned the water on and off! They didn't even use the same color, and the caulking was smeared. The baseboards were coming off too. YUK!! You had to go out of the room to wash your hands in a separate sink area, WEIRD!! ! At night we heard strange noises coming from the outside wall, we still aren't sure of what it was. I did not sleep well , worrying about some crittters I might see.Thank God it was only for one night! I'm sure you could do much better for a few extra bucks, at least you could be comfortable and get a good nights sleep.Also if the rooms were non smoking, why did the place have such a strong cigeratte smell? My overall reaction was YUK! and I was so glad to get out of there!

• Liked — continental breakfast
  • Disliked — condition of the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laceysu
Utah
Reviewed July 26, 2007

We were very disappointed in our stay. We had two rooms which were not very clean. The carpets, bedspreads and curtains had stains and cigarette holes in many places. The hotel hallways smelled musty and bad and the hotel staff was grumpy and curt. We stayed at 7 different hotels during our 9 night trip from NYC to Cleveland and this was by far the worst!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank HJMickey
erie pa
Reviewed November 25, 2006

Stayed at this location due to staying away from cleveland for the big steeler and browns game. This hotel was very run down the first room they put me in it was dirtry and dustynice lady at the front desk moved me to the 2nd floor near my other party and that room was not any better. the room look like smoking out of a 50s the bathroom was scary and small the tub tiles were comming off and the drain was resting all the way though. i didnt want to keep moving cause i was tired and i know the rooms were not getting any better i went over to my borthers room and hung out there his room was alot better then mine bathroom and tub i used cause i was not gonig to get in that shower in my room that room the water temp would get hot and burn you
evey 10 mins drove me nuts the lobby are is small not much room to eat brackfast at all with 112 rooms that must get cramped in there the hallways and ect looked horriable they were doing some remodling added new carpet they were up the whole night doing it and fernicher in the hallways all over hard to walk around watch out though there is no elevator so u have to clime steps and its hard to find your way around there to. watch out for drunks and drug heads cause this place has them we ran into a few, one good this about this place is the front desk staff was very nice other them the lady at check out look like she didnt want to be there didnt even ask me about my stay i saved it for when i got home and e-mailed days inn corp right now its been sent to the gm and i havent heard anything. i would advise to stay far away from here there is a red roof inn acorss the street and a comfort inn down by rt 2 witch are 10 times better i know i will be staying at them next time i come

• Liked — Cheep rate
  • Disliked — dirty rooms and very disaported pic online
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away and stay somewere other then here
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank iamastudforu2006
Willoughby
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I was alittle nervous about this hotel at first. We planned to stay at another hotel that was near it but it ended up having no available rooms.

Our stay at Days Inn was comfortable. Our room was clean, and our bed was comfortable. We had a microwave and a working refrigerator, which suprised me because alot of more expensive hotels dont even have those. There was a breakfast in the morning that went untill 10 am. I had a non smoking room and it did NOT smell like smoke like some other people had said in a review.

Overall, I think this hotel was very good for its price.

• Liked — Free HBO movies! Did not have to pay ANYTHING!
  • Disliked — The Shampoo.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crzynluv121
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby

Been to Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland? Share your experiences!