“A good night's rest”

Skylight Inn Clevelend
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Reviewed December 7, 2013

As I pulled into the lot, I could see rooms that appeared to be under renovation, which let's me know at least that the property owners know that there's room for improvement. I used a travel coupon for this motel and my total bill came to $51, which was quite reasonable compared to other properties in the area. Check-in was pretty smooth and the young lady working the desk was quite helpful. The motel is showing its age, which explains the renovation, but my room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The room included a microwave and fridge and the wifi signal was strong and reliable all night. It could have used some more conveniently electrical outlets as I had to pull the mattress out to access an outlet behind it for my computer. They provided a pretty decent cable package and also had a channel list in the room, which is always very helpful. I checked out at 6 a.m., but the lobby was still in "security mode." The desk clerk came to the window to take my room key and I asked what time breakfast started (which I could see in the background). He advised that it was available, but I had to go through another door to get to it. I decided to just pass on breakfast, so I can't comment on it. Overall, this was a good stay for a night by myself while out on business. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick D
Connie F, General Manager at Skylight Inn Clevelend, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our motel. I have followed up with the front desk staff to make sure that the motel transitions out of "security mode" at 6 am when breakfast is being served. I apologize that you were unable to access our Bear Bites breakfast bar.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our reservations were booked incorrectly. We were supposed to have two rooms side by side on the ground floor. No one got any sleep. There was a lot of drunkeness and it kept my kids and whole family awake. A lot of fighting among those drunk patrons. The ambulance and cops had to be called. The night attendant was so very rude and disrespectful. He talked to us like we were scum. I know you get what you pay for but this was beyond that statement. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

I apologize for the issues you had during your stay at our motel. We were in a transition of ownership at the time and there was some confusion at the motel. I would like another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me at the motel if you will be in our area again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reviewed October 14, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake

Been to Skylight Inn Clevelend? Share your experiences!