“Dirty, Dirty, Dirty....”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Beaver Falls
“Dirty, Dirty, Dirty....”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

First room was dirty, bed looked freshly used...Second room, at least had a made bed, but still dirty

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Donna P, General Manager at Skylight Inn Clevelend, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest at the Travelodge. I assure you that this matter will be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me so we can discuss further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed February 23, 2013

For anyone who thinks they are checking into the Ritz, this is a Travelodge. Not meaning any disrespect to the this establishment by making that statement. Anyway, I was in the Cleveland area on a temp work assignment and I needed something close to work, affordable, and clean. I found all three in this Hotel. The front desk was very friendly, no mistakes were ever made to my bill, and my room was CLEAN every Monday when I checked in for the week. This is an older hotel, so yes there will be some signs of wear and tear, but with all things considered, I would stay there again the next time I am in the area. By the way, I stayed for ten weeks at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book online and in advance and save a little money
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Donna P, General Manager at Skylight Inn Clevelend, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your constant smiles with us. It was most a pleasure to have you stay with us at our establishment. You will be missed and thanks for your feedback. Take care! From all of us at Travelodge.
Utrecht
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room was large, the location good and the service friendly. But the room wasn't very clean, the door wouldn't lock properly and the non smoking room smelled of smoke. The included breakfast was coffee toast and cereal. But for the $40 a night rate I can't complain.

• Stayed December 2012
Donna P, General Manager at Skylight Inn Clevelend, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and your time in completing our survey.
CASTALIA
Reviewed December 30, 2012

In entering the room, it did not appear the room had been cleaned.
The bed was barely made, the floors were not swept, the bathrooms were barely cleaned.
We did not have a trash can in the room nor extra roll of toliet paper. We called the front desk and they stated they would take care of it the next day. The room key did not work so had to return to the front desk. Got assisgned another room. Upon checking out, there was no at the front desk. Had to wait.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Donna P, General Manager at Skylight Inn Clevelend, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am terribly sorry to hear of your stay with us at Travelodge. Please contact me directly so we can discuss your matters more. I am glad to see that the location proved purposeful for you.
Tampa
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked this through Hotels.com. Upon arrival, I found the indoor pool was not is service, nor do they have any plans to repair it. Our room had NO hot water, when I called the front desk, they said give it about 15 minutes. The 2nd day our room was not cleaned, and I found a beer bottle (not ours) under the foot of the bed. Called Hotels.com, said they couldn't get a refund so try to stick it out. On the 4th day, there were no bath towels, I requested some from the front desk, I was told they do not have any more. Final straw...we left a day early. Hotels.com is NOT helpful at all, and we will never use them again. (You pre-pay the room) The employees here tried to be helpful, but couldn't do much. Plenty of other motel chains to choose from.

Room Tip: Really no tip here, other than I suggest that you find a different motel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village

Been to Skylight Inn Clevelend? Share your experiences!