“Pleasant, Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wickliffe
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant, Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I and 3 year old daughter stayed at this facility while visiting family in the area. Initially I was a little leary after reading some negative comments on this site. But we decided to try it anyway because it was very near to my family. When we got there, we were pleasantly surprised. First off, the staff there was very friendly and helpful. We got a king room with a crib. They had the crib in the room before we even got there. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The heater worked well, the sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a comfortable night's sleep.
They had a pool and fitness room at this place. The pool looked inviting but we didn't have enough time to try it; maybe on our next trip.
In the morning we had a nice breakfast with fresh waffles and coffee. The serving staff was very courteous and helpful.
Checkout went quickly and smoothly. The staff repeatedly asked how our stay was. It appeared that they truly wanted to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Overall, we did have a very pleasant stay. There really isn't anything negative I can say abot this place. We will definitely stay here on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Tony52509

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kos, Greece
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We were in Cleveland for a Cheer Competition and we found this hotel online at a reasonable rate...but don't believe everything you see online...This hotel is nothing like the pictures...When we pulled up there was no place to park because the parking lot was filled with snow...I get out of the car to unload luggage and walk up to the door and Fall straight on pavement. Obviously no one knew how to shovel and salt either. So we go in to our First room...The room was dark and dingy but that wasnt the worst part...we look over and there is FECAL MATTER on the WALL...then open a drawer to find half eaten crackers....DISGUSTED we get a different room and start to change to take the kids to the pool...On the walk to the pool we notice that there are dingy washclothes all over holding doors open and walls have water stains all over...Honestly it was like this MOTEL opened up just for our group we had. Well we got to the pool...IT WAS GREEN and we asked about cleanliness of the pool to the front desk(should have known better). She said yes it was just cleaned in the morning and that it was great. So the kids swam...my daughter got sick after swimming anothers eyes turned extremely red and another's swimsuit was basically bleached from the amount of chemicals...We wanted to find the restaurant/lounge as it shows in pictures...YEAH NOT SO MUCH...what they forget to tell you on the website is that there was a SHOOTING in the TEEN CLUB that is attached called evolutions...there is no lounge or restaurant...PLEASE STAY AWAY...this plays makes the BATES motel or OVERLOOK look like a welcoming experience.

• Stayed February 2011
4 Thank jmominee_11

Travelers are raving about these Wickliffe hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The room was smelly, old carpet, and the beds were older than dirt! I knew the room was cheap so I didnt make a big deal. During the night I had a terrible time falling sleep. I woke up at 6 AM to bed bugs all over my bed! I got up and noticed blood on my pillow and on the sheets. I look around and found many bugs running around the bed. I was attacked all night! I reported the issue to the manamenent and they refused to help. Claiming that they are not respossible. I called the police and got my night stayed back. THE WORSE HOTEL EVER!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank msilver09
Napoleon, OH
Reviewed February 10, 2011

First off....the bad with this hotel. I arrived late at night and I could just tell pulling into the lot that I wasn't comfortable with the place. It's off a main road, but the hotel area isn't lit the best, and the outside appearance leaves a bit to be desired. The hotel has obviously seen better days and is a bit worn.

The room in general was decent. Nothing to write home about...but also nothing to really tear apart. The hotel was quiet...and the heater worked fine and kept the room toasty on one of the coldest nights of the year!

Now to the good..... the front desk is very helpful and the overall customer service was great. I was continually greeted by the front desk when exiting and re-entering the hotel. When checking out....they asked how my stay was and whether I had a good nights sleep. They genuinely seemed like they cared and weren't just asking it because they had to!

The breakfast was decent with eggs,sausage, rolls, cereal, and one of the make-your-own waffle machines (my favorite!)

Overall for the value was great. It was $70 + tax for a king bed. I could have got a queen one for the night for $50 + tax. Yea...$50. You don't see that alot anymore.

The value of the hotel combined with the great customer service outweighs my initial impression of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank OhioLW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wickliffe
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village

Been to Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East? Share your experiences!