“Don't Believe The Positive Reviews”

Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wickliffe
Frederick, Maryland
“Don't Believe The Positive Reviews”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I trusted the reviews and wish I hadn't. We arrived after a 6 hr drive to a staff member out front smoking at the front door. The exterior appearance was run down and the parking lot full of unsavory individuals drinking. A car dropped off a few working girls who met their clients at the ATM in the hotel lobby. There was no elevator so we had to carry all of our belongings up two flights of stairs. The hall way was dingy and wreaked of stale cigarette smoke. I dreaded opening the door to the room. The room was small and disgusting. Everything from the walls to the chairs to the bed sheets and bathroom was just down right nasty. The continental breakfast was just as gross and very skimpy. I was so embarrassed that I suggested such a place to my friends and haven't stopped apologizing. I intend to direct these concerns to the manager as there was never one on site all weekend or so I was told.

• Stayed August 2013
Qualityinnwickliffe, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time for doing a review on your last stay at the Quality Inn - Wickliffe. I must admit I was a little surprised to read your comments, however we want to hear from all of our guest whether its positive or negative feedback. I want to apologize for the incidents that occured during your last stay with us. We do allow our front desk staff to take short smoke breaks, and we do require them to smoke outside near the lobby entrance. This way they can see if there assistance is needed in the lobby. I want to thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another try next time your in ouir area.

Keith Moser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
marietta
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Extremely dirty and run down. very small beds. Small rooms with no views. Filthy carpets. Priced at 3 star cost with <1star value. Not a hotel for allergy/asthma sufferers. Travel guide does not mention the Train.

• Stayed August 2013
Qualityinnwickliffe, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to do this review. Are you sure your reviewing the right hotel
I don't know of any train here or near are hotel.

Director of Sales
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Booked a room months ago for a tournament. On the positive side it is only 2 blocks from sporting venue. The other plus is it is right off interstate. That's it for the positives.
The negatives are: bathroom tub is peeling enamel on the inside, mold in corner of shower area where wall meets tub, we are on the far side of the hotel & it takes a GPS to find the lobby - you go up and down staircases, down hallways - it's a maze; NO elevators ( we are on 3rd floor and lugged luggage & other bags up); the building that faces the street that looked like it might have been a restaurant is closed & the signs are down so the entrance to the hotel is down the street like you are going to the bottom of the hill, very rundown & unappealing from the Main Street.
We checked in today & hotel is full so cannot change rooms & other 2 hotels in area got worse reviews. Choice hotels need to start maintaining properties better, this is a disgrace
Do not stay here. Travel a little bit & find something nicer.

• Stayed July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to do this review.When we first contacted the tournaments officials we explained then that we had no elevators on our property. We have scheduled bathroom upgrades to begin late this fall on our property. I want to personally apologize for any incident
or miscummuniction you may have expeirenced.

Enola, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I were traveling from Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and were pleasantly surprised by this Hotel. Most impressive was the friendliness of the Staff behind the Desk! Katy was so friendly and helpful. My husband and I went out to dinner and then to a movie with helpful suggestions from Katy. In the morning, Sandy was at the Front Desk. She, too, was pleasant. She is very observant of the breakfast room and making sure that not only was the attendent refilling the breakfast area, but also making sure the attendent was smiling and interacting with the guest! A down home feeling to this hotel. On our next adventure, we will be back! And will recommend friends traveling to swing in!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Qualityinnwickliffe, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do a review. Katy and Sandy would like me to personally thank you on their behalf. We at the Quality Inn - Wickliffe is proud of all of our staff including Katy and Sandy.
Thank You for staying with us.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel was generally ok, only issues tv remote didn't work well and the desk chair was stained and yucky.

The reason for writing the review is that we had excellent service from the staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Sandy the manager. When we checked in I asked if there was a first floor room (my husband has a fused ankle and walks with a walking stick, but is very sensitive about it and hates to admit it is a problem for him). Sandy first said she had nothing, but seeing the look on my face and glancing at him; she immediately without anything having to be said; found a first floor room close to the front door. I personally thanked her the next morning; but thought that the organization should know what a thoughtful and kind person they have representing them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to personally Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your last stay at
the Quality Inn - Wickliffe. YES, we have to agree with you that Sandy does a great job, she is a hidden unpolished Gem theat still shines brightly for all to see, setting an excellent example for the rest of her staff.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our second time staying here and it was again a pleasant stay. I think they are working on upgrading many thing, it's looking great! Again, the location is very convenient, lots of amenities nearby, large and stocked breakfast, and a pleasant staff. A reasonably priced hotel worth staying at. We'll be back again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My trip to cleveland area was great. The hotel was right off the highway and few minutes away from downtown. The rooms were clean and sleep was great. I liked the spacious lobby right when you enter. Breakfast in the morning was sufficient and had plenty of options. Overall my stay was great! Thanks to quality inn staff for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed May 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this review.
We share all of the comments we receieve with all of our staff so they hear the comments directly from our guest.On behalf of all our staff and management we say Thank You.

Sales Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wickliffe
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville

Been to Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East? Share your experiences!