“Very nice Red Roof Inn”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Warren, Michigan
“Very nice Red Roof Inn”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at this location for an overnight business trip in Cleveland. The room was very nice for a Red Roof Inn. I haven't had good luck with this chain but, the reviews here really helped me decide. Check in was easy online. Ashley was the front desk agent upon check in and check out. She is great!! Very friendly, helpful and quick. The room itself was recently renovated, I think. Everything was clean and nice. My only complaint was the pillows. They were hard like a rock. I didn't mention this until I checked out so, I didn't get anyone to help me resolve it. Otherwise, I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area. The rate is great also. 100% smoke free. As a smoker, I wish they had smoking rooms but, having outside doors is good.

Room Tip: Excellent room at a great price.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Ashley, the rest of the staff, and I were happy to see that you enjoyed your clean, newly renovated room, and we look forward to seeing you again should you return to the Cleveland area! Don't hesitate to ask for softer pillows! See you next time!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Everything you need. Convenient location near I-90 and tons of shopping & restaurants. Clean updated rooms with all the amenities like a fridge, microwave, WiFi and even a full size ironing board. Courteous staff with a pleasant smile represent Red Roof Inn very well. Nice location with easily visible parking lot offered a good sense of security. With family and friends in the area, we will be back every year and would gladly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for writing such a nice review of your recent stay with us. The staff and I greatly appreciate your kind words! Since you mentioned returning to Red Roof, please consider enrolling in our RediCard program, where each stay earns points toward a free night. Thanks again and see you next time!
Harrisburg PA, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2014

First of all let me say that I stay at this Red Roof Inn 1 to 3 times per month. It is an excellent property, lovely neighborhood, nicely updated, everything is always in great working order and the staff is excellent

My problem is with the Red Roof Corporate headquarters. Redicard program offers free night certificates each time you reach a certain amount of money spent. I make my reservations with the Cleveland property directly but corporate requires me to call the "main number" to redeem a certificate.
My stay was already booked with the hotel for 3 nights, I wanted to use a certificate for the last night. "Karen" said she would re-make my reservations to use the certificate but could not guarantee I would get the same room (?). When she plugged it into her system she said that the type of room I was booked in was no longer available. I asked her to change it back to what I had before and she claimed she could not (??) So either I would have to change rooms or leave the property after the second night of a three night stay. How could the room I already had booked not be available?!?!?!
This redicard program is billed as a benefit for loyal visitors....it is anything but!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about the Inn and your stay, but I a am very sorry to read about your issues with our RediCard program. Please rest assured that what you experienced is not the norm, and I apologize that you had to go through that. Please contact me directly at i0094@redroof.com so that I can resolve these issues for you. Thanks again for letting us know, and see you next time!
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Staff is great! Very friendly, knowledgeable of the area and very helpful in helping to get you around if need be. The staff goes out of the way to make you feel as if you've been a friend of there's since childhood. The rooms are new so are the beds towels etc.. Flatscreen TV's and free pets and wireless internet. Don't expect a huge breakfast but they don't advertise that either they have literally a GRAB AND GO breakfast and its not that bad. Housekeeping is very thorough you can always count on your towels, sheets and everything to be clean. Floors vacuumed etc. I've stayed there for three months and not one complaint except that Cleveland weather is schizophrenic. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review of your extended stay with us. We are very happy that you choose to make Red Roof as your "home away from home" and look forward to your future stays!
SHELBY TWP
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a nice Red Roof Inn. Not only has it been updated but it sits on a nice piece of property with plenty of grassy areas and even picnic tables. Another bonus of this Inn is that it is very close too all kinds of restaurants and shopping and there are 2 gas stations right next door. The staff was extremely courteous and they even had a grab-n-go breakfast bag containing a bottle of water, an apple and a muffin. One more thing- the air conditioning worked very well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us and mentioning that our rooms have recently been renovated! We are proud to have new mattress sets, bedding, carpeting, flat screen TVs, and to be 100% SMOKE FREE! We are glad that you were also able to enjoy the outside areas of the property and its convenient location. The staff and I look forward to your return visits, and we'll be sure to keep the air conditioners working well as its sure to be a hot Summer! Thanks again!
Green River, Wyoming
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our second or third stay here. The rooms are nice size, beds comfortable, location great, and staff were very attentive. There were options for housekeeping that included daily freshening, daily changing of bed and linens, or nothing (to go "green"). Breakfast in a bag was included (large muffins, fruit, bottled water) and was great for the two of us. Best of all, the room was very quiet! We were told that was because of the construction materials. We will definitely be back to stay here as we have more graduations coming up. Great value, great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay in Westlake. We are very pleased that you were happy with our location and your room! Since you mentioned that you are returning, please consider singing up for a RediCard, which is our loyalty program where you earn points toward a free night (visit our website to do so). Thanks again, and see you next time!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I needed a cheap place to stay for the night in westlake ohio. I went to the red roof inn and they had rooms available for under $100. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. This was not my first choice but for what I needed it served the purpose.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. In keeping with our "Nice Place, Nice Price" motto, the staff and I are glad that we were able to provide a clean, comfortable room at a good price, and we hope to see you next time you are in the area!