“The staff,Richard and John, made it exceptional!”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Richard went out of his way to provide excellent service. He provided a later check out when I really really needed it. He too the time to not just give me directions, but to write them down. I'm an old-school type individual and so I would take customer service over fancy amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your review! I have already shared your comments with Richard, Jon, and the rest of the staff, and they were all very happy with the kind comments! Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you during future travels.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very nice place. Convenient location. Staff was wonderful.I wanted a downstairs and that is what i stayed in.Lots of stores in the area. STAY HERE you wont be sorry, better than the high price hotels.

Room Tip: Bring a hair dryer.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. The staff was very happy to read the positive comments you left about them. We are glad you like our location and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We pulled in kinda late, checked in with no problems and unpacked the car. After all that, I noticed that there was no fridge/microwave in the room (I had booked a king room for this reason). Went to the front desk, and we were moved to another room. Now, I was a bit put off, because I was so tired from driving and having to unpack/repack/unpack again and it was late-ish, but the transition was smooth and I got no attitude front the front desk gal, which I really appreciated! It was a nice clean room, and had everything we needed. They even gave me a credit on my bill for the inconvenience of having to change rooms. I really appreciate it when a business will acknowledge a mistake, and give a token back in return...it's called customer service, and we could do with more of that! That really makes a great impression on me. I will return to this hotel when we're in the area again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! The staff and I are happy that we were able to provide you with a nice experience and look forward to your future stays. See you next time!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family was returning to Minnesota from a whirlwind tour of the East Coast, and we were trying to get back quickly without completely killing ourselves. Cleveland was a rough midpoint, so I began searching for lodging on my phone while my spouse captained the family truckster. I was looking for something easy to get to, inexpensive, hopefully with breakfast, and good quality. While I must admit that the brand "Red Roof Inn" was not synonymous in my mind with quality, I found numerous reviews praising the merits of this inn. The price was outstanding, so I booked it.

We didn't arrive until late (after dining at the excellent Melt Bar & Grilled in Lakewood), but the hotel is easily accessible right off the interstate. We were not blown away by the exterior: It's classic motel style, a 2-story with external entrances and stairs. But we were pleased once we got in the room; it was decent-sized, clean, and neat. Our beds were comfortable, and we were not troubled by external noise. Even my notoriously finicky children admitted that it was a nice place (they had been very concerned that it was going to be junky or dirty or scary...or all three). The shower was great, and we had no problems with our room.

We headed off the next morning for the last, long leg to the Land of 10,000 Lakes (plus a few), and I stopped in at the office to check out. Even though we had already received great value for our money, we were pleased to get a nice brown-paper bag breakfast for each of us as well! These each had a muffin and fresh fruit, which was a nice bonus to start our day. The front desk staff was very solicitous and really seemed to care if we had had a good stay.

I'd definitely stay here again! You won't find luxury appointments or fancy extras, but you will get great value and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

The staff and I were very pleased to read your review! We thank your children (Their comments are priceless!!!) and you for the kind words and look forward to future stays should you be in the Cleveland area. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Westlake, OH for two nights while my husband had out-patient surgery at St. John Medical Center. We were able to obtain a hospital rate of $49.99 per night for both nights, which was a great value. The room was clean, very quiet, and in a very nice location, and the best part was that it was only a 5 minute drive to the hospital. The breakfast was a "Grab & Go" which I was told about at the time of booking, which was an apple, a bottle of water and a pre-packaged muffin. We would have preferred a continental breakfast, but for the price of the room, we aren't complaining. It was well worth the money and we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. The staff and I are happy that we were able to provide a great value while your husband had surgery. We hope that we can provide the same type of service should you visit us again; we also hope that your next visit will be for pleasure! Thanks again!!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Room was in great condition, and all features were in good operating condition. I take baths instead of showers and usually the tub is not up to my standards. I found the tub and all aspects of the cleanliness of the room to be excellent. It snowed several times during our stay and the snow removal was great. Close to Great Northern (one exit off I 480) away from the hotel. Adjacent to I90.

Dog friendly

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jim E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us! The Housekeeping staff was especially thrilled to read the comments you left as they take great pride in cleaning the rooms. The Maintenance Guest Service Representative was also happy to get a mention as he is very aware of the importance of snow and ice removal for the safety and security of our guests. Thanks again, and we hope to see you the next time you visit the Cleveland area!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were going to a wolf tone concert at paddy rock Irish pub and decided to stay here since it would be too late to go back to Toledo after the concert. This hotel was recommended by the pub's owner, who booked several rooms for the band. She said it's a nice hotel in westlake. We were not disappointed when we arrived. Our room was on the second floor and had a view of a creek, which was nice. The room has a simple decor and was clean. Most of all, it did not have any smell like old musty hotels. The bathroom was very clean also. The wifi worked well. Since these rooms opened to the outside, you can have fresh air anytime. For the price, it's definitely worth staying here. Also, the hotel is a couple minutes to Crocker park. We ate at the Aladdin restaurant...great and inexpensive food! Went to Trader Joe's, and LA fitness (since we are members). We would
definitely plan more trips to Kamms Corner where all the irish bars are and stay here since it is only 10 minutes away. It's a great inexpensive way to cure the winter blues.

Room Tip: We were in room 223.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

The staff and I thank you very much for the wonderful review of our property and look forward to your return visits! We will also mention Paddy Rock for those looking for an Irish pub in the area. Thanks again and see you next time!!!