Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“just okay”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

The room was functional, and that's about the best I can say for it. . The bathroom had no counter space and the lighting was dim, the television was small and far away from any convenient viewing space. On the other hand, it was nice to have a kitchen, which was clean and stocked with utensils.

My main complaint is, due to a paperwork error, the morning office manager attempted to walk into my room one morning while I was still getting ready to leave. Fortunately I had the hook on the door so it only opened a crack, but I was shaken up none the less. He claimed that the previous person at the front desk had filed check out paperwork for my room (even though I had just checked in the night before) and he was checking to make sure that the room was vacant so he could send in the cleaning service.

When I later called the front desk to find out what had happened, he admitted that it was him who had walked in, but was dismissive and short with my concern over the matter. I understand that accidents happen, but had I not had the door secured, he would have seen me in all my glory.

The rest of the staff was pleasant and helpful.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank purplesuitcaseblues
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 20, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Cleveland - Westlake. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal I want to aplogize for the disturbance you had during your stay. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We had not been to Cleveland in a couple of years and even longer for pleasure rather than business. Cleveland has certainly changed from what we remembered. Downtown has been cleaned up and there is a ton of things to do and see .

It was a short trip but we visited the Botanical Gardens and the Cleveland Museum of History. Both were worth the trip. Coming from Arizona we amazed at the different types of plants grown there - we also visited a small greenhouse with a beautiful display of orchids.

I was pleasantly surprised at the dinosaur exhibit at the history museum, who would have thought that anything other than a building could be that large? The museum staff was great, very knowledgeable and welcoming.

We stayed at the Extended Stay Hotel in Beachwood, what a beautiful area; the staff were terrific; the only draw back to the hotel was that one of the burners on the stove didn't work, but since we ended up not doing a lot of cooking it was of no matter.

The only thing about the trip we could have done without was the terrible shape of the roads. A lot of them were full of potholes mostly in neighborhoods, which I assume get repaired last. One of the main roads we traveled was also torn up. I understand road maintenance, but perhaps it could be scheduled better.

All in all , we had a very nice time.

Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Cleveland - Westlake. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I searched for an extended stay hotel in the Westlake area and found Extended Stay Deluxe. I only booked 2 nights to make sure I liked the hotel before I committed to 5 days. I stayed a total of 5 nights.

The rate was a great value $65 per day. The front desk was very helpful and knowledgable.

Hotel room was clean and had a kitchen. Wireless Internet was fast, bedding was clean and fairly new. Located near a freeway access. You need to to drive to any stores or restaurants. Mall about 2 miles away. Very quiet.

Exercise room had equipment in good condition and clean No pool and no breakfast in the morning. Washer and dryer available.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Cleveland - Westlake. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Bangalore
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Great value for money. The rooms are self sufficient with a mini kitchen. Hotel also has a self service laundry area. All of this at a fairly reasonable cost.
The only downside I felt was the lack of a restaurant. Even breakfast s not available here.

Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Cleveland - Westlake. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Additionally, you can always book the best rate on nearly 700 hotels across the U.S. and in Canada on our website. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
Columbus
Reviewed November 27, 2006

Got this place on Priceline with a $33 bid on a 2 star property. I wasn't expecting too much, but was happy with the overall experience at the Extended Stay. I called to confirm the reservation the day of our stay and they informed me that we were booked for a queen smoking room. I requested a non smoking room, which they granted. We checked in at 11:00 p.m. with no problems. They even granted us a late checkout the next day as we were heading to a Browns vs. Bengals game that didn't start until 1:00. The quality of the room was adequate. It seemed clean. The TV was a 19 incher with standard cable chanels and HBO. There was one queen bed as well as a recliner. We actually had 4 people in the room and were able to find enough floor space (and the recliner) to sleep everyone relatively comfortably.

• Liked — very convenient alot to do nearby.
  • Disliked — hallway was a little dreary
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 25, 2006

The problems started when we got there: Ray, the older man working the desk, claimed he couldn't find either of our reservations (we had 2) and that the hotel was full. Ray needs to be retrained in how to use the computer system there. No further effort was made to help us (ie offer to call your central office!) even though we had made and received e-mail confirmations of our reservations. So we come back with our printed reservation #s and now a new person is at the desk. She has no problem pulling up our reservation even before we showed her our printed info. Problem #1 resolved.
We get a 3rd fl non-smoking room and it is right next to the smoking section of the hotel. The hall smelled bad, but we were told the hotel was full. If you don't like cigarette smoke in your room, try to avoid the 3rd fl of the hotel. Problem #2 not really resolved.
Next day: I called at 8AM to report that the kitchenette lightbulb is out. They got that replaced in the mid afternoon. Good thing it was sunny, otherwise it's kind of hard using the kitchen in the dark. Problem #3 resolved but a bit slow.
That night, we ck into our 2nd rm. We preferred 2 rooms close to each other but that couldn't be accomodated so we get one on the 2nd fl. The bathroom lightbulb in the 2nd fl rm doesn't work. The lady working the front desk couldn't find the right size bulb (while she was nice, she was overwhelmed- having to search for lightbulbs and work the front desk?!?) and asked if we could go w/o light in the bathrm until the next day. Uh...the answer to that would be 'no'. The hall light doesn't light the bathrm and there's no sunlight at night. So she moves us to another rm down the hall. Problem #4 resolved. By the way, the 2nd fl rooms seemed to have larger TVs than the 3rd fl rm we got. That night, the smoke in the 3rd fl rm is unbearable (we had an infant). The request to switch to a less smoky rm is denied bc supposedly, there are no rooms available. Now, wasn't she able to just switch the 2nd fl room? I think she may have just been overwhelmed and not willing to do the work to switch us bc we did see ppl coming in and checking into rms on the 2nd fl. Problem #5 (or #2, depending on how you count) never resolved.
Overall, the rooms were in decent shape though, for a hotel marketed as 'newly renovated,' they were 2 for 2 with lightbulb issues and the toilet seat cover in the 3rd fl room was all busted up. Right of the elevator on the 3rd fl is very smoky. As for staff, the maintenance guy was OK, but there sure were a lot of problems for a newly renovated hotel. Stephanie, the lady at the front desk was nice and helpful. But she had a lot to do and I wonder if the hotel could've been better organized. Ray could use some customer service training (discriminatorily nice at check-out as well). I would probably look into staying next door at the Residence Inn next time.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Anoni
PAINESVILLE
Reviewed June 26, 2006

I stayed here while renovations were going on in the main lobby and some of the rooms. The service staff and management were the most professional and friendly staff of any hotel I've stayed at. Everyone made sure that the construction wasn't loud or in the way. The room I had was like brand new, and very relaxing. I will always try to stay a t a studio plus whenever I travel now thanks to the staff from this one.

Stayed January 2006