“Mixed feelings” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Waterford, Michigan
“Mixed feelings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Overall my stay was very good with a few glitches. The check in and reservations were great. The room looked good at first impression, but then we opened the oven and found it FILTHY-no cooking in that for me. We also found someone else's clothing sticking out from under the corner of the bed-we started getting a little worried about our hotel choice. Opened up the nightstand drawer-eeks who knows what was left inside! Also found used bags and other items in the chest of drawers, I guess housekeeping is only superficial. After our return from breakfast at 10:30 am we found out we were already locked out of our room. (Check out is 11:00 am) When we went to the front desk we were rudely told "well check out time is 11:00-when do you plan on leaving?"

If it weren't for the great price and convenient location-I might think think twice about recommending think twice about recommending this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Felicia - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. Due to your feedback, I am instituting a new room inspection procedure and am working with the housekeepers to improve our hotel's overall cleanliness.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Been staying here for several years for 2 weeks in the summer. Clean large rooms, easy access to shopping, restaurants and downtown Cleveland. Great value for the business traveler. Dan and his staff always friendly and very helpful. Close-in parking and quiet surroundings.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found us to be your hotel of choice and that you have continually come back to stay with us. The staff here does its best to ensure that every guest has a great stay.

Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Well I had a great week away from home thanks to Dan and Alex, they always accomidate me when I'm there! Got me a deluxe room when i popped in without reservations! Thanks guys I will miss you till next time! Thanks for getting me a room last minute!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Beth C - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind remarks concerning Alex and myself. I'm glad that we were able to take care of your rooming needs at the last minute. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had to go to Cleveland on a Medical Emergency and picked the Extended Stay because I didn't know how long I'd be there.

To be brief... Screwed up reservation process, Rude / inneficient clerk at check in, dirty room, scummy bathroom, nonworking coffee pot and rickety construction caused the ceiling to shake just from a the guest upstairs walking in their stocking feet.

I could not get out of there fast enough - we switched Hotels immediately. Go see Gia and her excellent team at the Hampton Inn down the street. They were incredibly nice and professional and worked closely with us to accomodate crazy room reservations with family coming in and out for the hospice and funeral.

The Hampton was re-doing thier lobby while we were there, and I'd gladly take the jackhammers at the Hampton to the "flop-house" atmosphere of the "Extended Stay" any time!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn down the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JCCSeattle - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a positive one. In response to your feedback, I am setting up a retraining for those employee's inspecting rooms and I will be working with the front desk employee's to insure that their conversations or actions with guests, not be considered rude. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsl@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future
Louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was very pleased with our stay the room was larger than I expected with a full kitchen and a flat screen t.v. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I found the breakfast selections lacking but the stay was excellent all the same

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jimblouisville
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Jimbolouisville - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us. It's great to hear that you found the accommodations to your liking and that the staff here were friendly and helpful. Each day we strive to provide the best possible stay for our guests and the cleanest rooms possible. I am sorry to hear that you felt our breakfast was lacking. In choosing the Grab and Go breakfast, we tried to put together the items that most guests would want to either take back to their room or eat on the way to work. It is a challenge to provide, just the right items, but we do look at each review to see if there is something we can do or offer differently to create a better experience. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Caldwell, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent three nights at the hotel. My husband is taking treatments at Cleveland Clinic, so we wanted something that would offer us the ability to do some of our own cooking in order to save on expenses. The room was nice and clean. It was quiet and the staff was wonderful. The manager gave us tips on places nearby and was very friendly. We will be going back as we face more treatments. We would rate our stay and the staff as excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Joseph S - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of your stay, with all your family has going on in your lives. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel quiet, the rooms nice and clean and your acknowledgment of the staff, referring to them as excellent. It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Canton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I call this hotel my home away from home.I stay here alot for work and i am always made to feel very welcomed.you really couldnt ask for a better staff than what they have here. and dan i do expect chocolate covered strawberries in my room this time..haha..see ya soon

Room Tip: go for the deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Darlene Angel E - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for letting everyone know how you feel about our hotel. It's great to hear that you continue to stay with us and that you really like the staff here and how we always make you feel welcome. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!