“Worst of the Worst”

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had to go to Cleveland on a Medical Emergency and picked the Extended Stay because I didn't know how long I'd be there.

To be brief... Screwed up reservation process, Rude / inneficient clerk at check in, dirty room, scummy bathroom, nonworking coffee pot and rickety construction caused the ceiling to shake just from a the guest upstairs walking in their stocking feet.

I could not get out of there fast enough - we switched Hotels immediately. Go see Gia and her excellent team at the Hampton Inn down the street. They were incredibly nice and professional and worked closely with us to accomodate crazy room reservations with family coming in and out for the hospice and funeral.

The Hampton was re-doing thier lobby while we were there, and I'd gladly take the jackhammers at the Hampton to the "flop-house" atmosphere of the "Extended Stay" any time!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn down the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

JCCSeattle - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a positive one. In response to your feedback, I am setting up a retraining for those employee's inspecting rooms and I will be working with the front desk employee's to insure that their conversations or actions with guests, not be considered rude. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsl@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was very pleased with our stay the room was larger than I expected with a full kitchen and a flat screen t.v. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I found the breakfast selections lacking but the stay was excellent all the same

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimblouisville
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Jimbolouisville - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us. It's great to hear that you found the accommodations to your liking and that the staff here were friendly and helpful. Each day we strive to provide the best possible stay for our guests and the cleanest rooms possible. I am sorry to hear that you felt our breakfast was lacking. In choosing the Grab and Go breakfast, we tried to put together the items that most guests would want to either take back to their room or eat on the way to work. It is a challenge to provide, just the right items, but we do look at each review to see if there is something we can do or offer differently to create a better experience. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent three nights at the hotel. My husband is taking treatments at Cleveland Clinic, so we wanted something that would offer us the ability to do some of our own cooking in order to save on expenses. The room was nice and clean. It was quiet and the staff was wonderful. The manager gave us tips on places nearby and was very friendly. We will be going back as we face more treatments. We would rate our stay and the staff as excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Joseph S - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of your stay, with all your family has going on in your lives. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel quiet, the rooms nice and clean and your acknowledgment of the staff, referring to them as excellent. It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I call this hotel my home away from home.I stay here alot for work and i am always made to feel very welcomed.you really couldnt ask for a better staff than what they have here. and dan i do expect chocolate covered strawberries in my room this time..haha..see ya soon

Room Tip: go for the deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Darlene Angel E - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for letting everyone know how you feel about our hotel. It's great to hear that you continue to stay with us and that you really like the staff here and how we always make you feel welcome. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The condition of the bathroom was not satisfactory. It seemed "tired" and a little gritty. When one of us dropped a washcloth on the floor, we picked it up to find hair all over it.
On our first night, we were woken at 2am by a group of clearly drunk young women yelling and laughing in the hallway outside our door. Then, at 4am, we were woken by a car alarm that went off (multiple times) outside our room window.
On our second night, we were woken at 5am by a group of four men -- who appeared to be migratory laborers -- sitting and talking in the hallway outside our door.
As a consequence, our stay was not a good one. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: If you get a room away from the elevator and away from the entrance to the hotel, you might not face...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Gary W - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the bathroom was not as clean as it should have been and apparently there was a breakdown in our inspection process. To prevent this from happening in the future, we will be implementing a new inspection process. As for the noise by guest's in our hallways we certainly do our best to insure everyone gets a good nights sleep and that the hotel is quiet. Although we walk the floors several times a night, sometimes we cannot identify everything. Please feel free to contact the Front Desk to advise them of your concerns. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a fantastic find--I booked this motel on Priceline because I needed somewhere to stay the night before a procedure at the Cleveland Clinic, and I had no idea how lucky I'd gotten! This place really makes you feel at home, and is an amazing value. Not only does the tasteful, charming, CLEAN and cozy room have a full kitchen, but the bed is super comfortable, the bathroom is clean and modern, the TV is HD-TV and has two Showtime channels plus many other cable channels, there's a DVD player too!!!, and the wifi is FREE and works well (which often isn't the case at these extended stay places). I was astonished to find this motel even has a fitness center! I would be happy staying here anytime, and if I needed a place for weeks or even months I think I would feel at home here. Wished I didn't have to leave in the morning! Another lovely surprise--baskets of fruit, muffins, granola bars etc for a grab-and-go breakfast. The staff is wonderful, welcoming and helpful. After we checked in we were offered a basket of goodies to help ourselves from--toothbrushes and toothpaste, deoderant, razors, shampoo, and even packages of microwave popcorn! The location is very safe and quiet, yet extremely convenient right off route 90. I really cannot think of a single negative thing to say. Thank you very much and I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyermontana
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear flyermontana - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our rooms clean and cozy and that you were excited to find all the amenities we offer for a reasonable price. Our goal here at the Extended Stay America Cleveland-Westlake is to provide, great customer service to each and every guest, to make you feel comfortable, like you are at home. From myself and the hotel staff, we would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for several days on the recommendation of tripadvisor. Was very clean, and the bed/room as a whole was very comfortable. Had no problem with noise. Close to shopping, easy freeway access. Was nice to come "home" to more than just a hotel room. Desk staff was great. The Extended Stay might not be quite as fancy as the much higher priced suite options but I would rather go down to the desk for new towels (only need to for short stays) and pay half of the amount. Glad I found a new place to stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CZ F
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

CZ F - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you found us on Trip Advisor and that you had a great experience staying with us. It's always good to hear from our guests who find our location perfect for what they plan on doing in the area. We believe in taking care of our guests, providing great customer service and giving each guest the cleanest, most comfortable room we can. Lastly I am glad to hear that you felt the savings you received in staying with us far outweigh staying at a more expensive hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!