WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Richmond, Virginia
“great stay in ohio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very friendly and efficient staff. Have stayed there during the Thanksgiving holiday as well as for thirty days during the previous month. The facility is convenient to a grocery store, gas station and plenty of eateries to meet one's taste buds. you also have easy access to interstate 90 going east to Cleveland or west toward Toledo. There is also access to the lake which is a few miles away. While the winter it may be chilly but certainly during the spring and summer is a great place to go, relax and enjoy the water. Highly recommended - enjoy the visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Daniel H - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff was friendly and efficient and that you find our location convenient for your shopping and traveling needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The service was efficient and very helpful. The property is nicely set. It is close to Crocker park and restaurants. We had a reasonably bright room that was clean and comfortable. The microwave and kitchenette were very handy. The appliances were clean and worked well. This includes the fridge. We had a good night's sleep. There is a great fitness room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Daryl H - Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. It is also nice to hear that you found our location and the restaurants along with shopping at Crocker Park convenient for your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stayed there for 3 nights. I chose it because I was travelling together with a colleague who had reserved a room in the 3-star hotel next door, but when I tried to reserve there no room was available. So I chose this one, based in part on the good reviews it had here.

I did not expect much, and I did not get more than I expected. The room was generally clean, but the bathroom sink had dried stains of soapy water, and there were 2 hairs of suspicious (or rather obvious) provenance on the toilet seat. Clearly, the cleaning personnel had gone through the notions of cleaning there without actually checking to see that they had actually cleaned it.

The floor was not flat, there was a clearly felt "hill" between the closet and the bathroom (I was on the first floor), and the faux leather on the bed headboard was worn out in places so you could see whatever was underneath. Of course, these things did not affect my comfort in any way, but they enhanced the general impression of overall shabbiness.

On the other hand, the bed mattress was comfortable, I slept without any problems, and this of course was far more important to me than the worn headboard, so I cannot complain. Generally, I had no issues with my stay. I wanted a place to spend the nights and I got it. The wi-fi was working and although I did not do any cooking (so I cannot comment on the stove) it was nice to have a toaster and a microwave.

The weakest point of all though was the plastic-wrapped and plastic-tasting bagels and muffins that are described as "Deluxe Coffee, fruit, and bagel breakfast" in the hotel's website. Deluxe? Gimme a break! The coffee was drinkable, but the bagels never changed (or even replenished, the pile kept growing smaller in the small box that contained them, in a nook next to the front desk taht was all the "breakfast area"). Nothing but plain bagels, industrially made somewhere in California. Would it cost so much more to get fresh bagels from a local place? But then people might actually eat them! The whole thing gave me the impression that it was intentionally made unappetizing so that people would not use it (thus saving the hotel money - I hope I won't get the manager in trouble because I actually ATE some of the stuff). I did not expect the sumptuous feasts I described in my first review for Trip Advisor (and the luxury hotel I was revieweing then was actually cheaper than this!), but this was more Spartan than expected.

Apart from the unsatisfactory breakfast, I did not have any serious issues with the hotel. Nobody would mistake it for a luxurious residence, despite the "Deluxe" in its name, but it was a comfortable place to stay and do some work. I would not discourage people who plan to stay there instead of the higher priced hotels nearby in order to save some money. Just don't expect any frills (and you should better like bagels!)

Room Tip: Make sure the room is not "pet friendly". The person in my next room had one or more pets...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Difficult - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill it out. It is very important to me to know what our guests feel about their stay and where we might improve. I'm glad that you found our beds to be comfortable and you liked the idea of the kitchen in the room. I am sorry that the breakfast of muffins and bagels were not to your liking. Yes, what you stated was true. We do not change the flavors of the muffins as it is extremely difficult to locate a vendor that will pre-wrap those or the bagels. In regards to the cleanliness of your room, I must apologize for what you found. We take great pride in providing clean comfortable rooms and apparently in our room inspection process we missed something. That is not acceptable. I hope in the future you will give us another opportunity and stay with us. Thank you for your review and choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have to go there in a week I can't wait to see everyone! It has a great view outside my window and great location! Anything you need they have! Hi Guys! When I check in I always get the room I want! There fitness room is great, they have laundry and always a qarm blanket so I can snuggle on the couch with!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Beth C - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. It's great to hear that your coming back to visit and that you have taken advantage of the amenties we offer. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again next week!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Over this weekend we stayed in this hotel. We went little bit early for my son Tennis tournament. The front desk man is very nice .He gave the room immediately so we can freshen up .Inside the room is very spacious and clean.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Lata 79 - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our front desk person exhibited great customer service by making sure your room was ready and letting you check in early. For our guests traveling from out of town, we try our best to insure your room is ready early so that you can take a few minutes or hours to relax before you start your local visits or go to work. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hello - Just wanted everyone to know this is a clean and VERY friendly place to stay. The management is exceptional and the front desk very helpful. I would tell anyone that needed somewhere to stay, that they should try this place. If you need anything, they help you. You are close to food and we even made food in our room!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Allison P - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found our hotel to be a clean, friendly place to stay. The entire staff here is dedicated to taking care of our guests, insuring you have a clean comfortable room, and all the amenities you need for an enjoyable stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Dan Ritter
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here in October while visiting family. The front desk staff was great and the reason I am writing this review. The staff was genuinely friendly and went out of there way to ensure my stay was a pleasant one.

I was not familiar with the no-housekeeping approach to extended stays when I arrived; However, the staff explained how things worked the moment I arrived and I did not miss the service at all.

Thanks for a welcoming stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear mjkvisitor - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the front desk performed great customer service and explained how we were different than your normal hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.