My husband and I met up with three other couples for dinner last night. Realistically, when you are part of a larger party, you know things aren't going to go perfectly smoothly, and you try to overlook the little things, but this experience went above and beyond little things.
1. The biggest factor was the meal timing. Some of us decided what we wanted more quickly, and the waitress took the orders in two stages, which seemed ok until only three out of eight received our meals in a timely fashion. The next grouping of meals was brought out MORE THAN 30 MINUTES LATER!!! We went out to have dinner WITH our friends, not just at the same table. And one person never did get her entree (they bagged it up and tried to make her pay for it when it was clear that she and her husband were leaving). Incidentally, this couple was the FIRST TO PLACE THEIR ORDER!
2. The three meals that arrived first (along with the appetizers that were served) were cooked within a range that was acceptable. Of the four that arrived far later, the steak was underdone, the pasta was mushy from having been overcooked, and the pizza was undercooked to the point that the dough was still raw inside (not just chewy).
3. One of the group spoke with the owner when the five meals were not forthcoming in a timely fashion. He expressed appropriate concern and promised to fix things. Then he disappeared, never to be seen again. The assistant manager and the manager each came over to the table at some point, but while they seemed sincere, they were either unwilling or unable to make things right. The only solution one offered was a free desert - FOR THE NEXT VISIT!!! And as far as I know, this extended only to the couple who had the uncooked pizza and missing entree.
-----------------------------------------------Other small issues-----------------------------------------------------
- Two steaks were ordered. They were supposed to have a garlic butter sauce, but both arrived dry. They were acceptable, if unimpressive.
- A baked potato was ordered with one of the steaks. The waitress was not sure if they had any baked potatoes (this was a common refrain through the night - it gives the impression that the person who orders supplies has never done this before). It turned out that they did have baked potatoes, but with the focus on what to bring if there were none, she failed to ask what toppings were desired on the potato, so it also came out dry.
- No condiments are kept on the table. None. At all. Salt and pepper have to be brought to the table by the server. Who does that?
- One of the appetizers got missed by the waitress. She couldn't read her handwriting and then forgot to ask about it. The couple canceled that part of the order when the first three entrees were delivered.
- One of the drinks was delivered in a filthy glass.
Overall, the food was mediocre at best. The waitress was extremely attentive and caring - she looked almost in tears as the evening deteriorated. I don't know if she failed to clarify that our orders were to be cooked together, or if the cooks accidentally split the orders up, but the timing was too far off to excuse. Then when there was such a range of overcooked and undercooked items, it was just too much. But there is no excuse for the behavior of the owner and managers. When things go that wrong, you make it right. If you can't, the customer should not be asked to pay. While it's true that some of us had a good meal, we did not eat with our friends, which is why we were there in the first place. Their dissatisfaction was everyones dissatisfaction, yet neither the owner nor the managers volunteered to discount our meals or make things right for the entire table.
None of us plans to return to this establishment.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.