“Noise is deafening!!! Save your money. Lost potential.”

Cabin Club Steak House
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Their blackened scallops are wonderful!!! Unfortunately, I didn't order them this visit.

Not the place it used to be. Priced relatively high. Way too crowded and extremely noisy. You almost have to shout to the person on the other side of the table. That being said, it's always crowded. I wish I'd taken a photo.

Last time we went, the waitress was severely impatient and rushed us to order. Bad enough that I called the mgmt to complain. Went again for my nieces birthday. Much better waitress, but food was extremely slow. The acoustics are TERRIBLE - bare wooden walls and ceiling reflect everything. I am not exaggerating. I had rib-eye in peppercorn sauce and the sauce totally overpowered the meat. It was tender, but couldn't get past the sauce.

Also, when my brother made reservations, they said they'd try to "squeeze" us in. We thought they meant into a time slot; they actually meant squeeze us into a table. They set up two tables in the only "open" space they had. One table was way wobbly. When we told them about it, a woman rocked the table and almost spilled my niece's wine. Then they wedged something uder the table legs. However, it was so crowded that a waitress bumped into my brother about 4 times during our meal. Never again...

Sorry to be so negative, but the 5 other people at our table felt the same as I did.

The bill was about $120 for three ppl. We drank coffee and tea. Has a lot of potential, but way too noisy and cramped. Unless you are on the bench seat of a booth, you can't get up w/o bumping into the person at the table behind you.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but everything I've said is true. I will never go back.

Find another place...

2  Thank Fretmeister

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food is very well prepared,the service is great, and you can not be the ambiance, but the portions ( steak, swordfish) I received on my last two visits were inadequate. What is ironic is that I had just been to Salmon Dave's( owned by the same corporation), nad the sowrdfish I had there was not only excellent, but was an adequate portion of food.Recommendation, Go to Salmon Dave's.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We really wanted a new restaurant to try and went to Cabin Club! What a cozy restaurant! Excellent steaks, great wine list, impeccable service! The onion soup is great! Small so reservations are a good idea!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Wow what a terrific steak meal. My wife and I read the reviews for Cabin Club before we made our last minute Dec 23rd reservation and the reviews are spot on. Cabin Club is a quaint World War II era log cabin with a nice long wood bar and dining room. The gorgeous open beam ceiling and warm wood made the place feel very comforting. We scored a late 8:30 pm table for two reservation and sat at the bar while we enjoyed a Christmas ale waiting for our table. I ordered a cowboy steak with spinach and mashed potatoes and my wife ordered a filet Mignon with steam asparagus and shrimp. Both meals were OUTstanding. I told the waitress my steak was better than Mortons! Cabin Club appears to be part of a locally owned Cleveland six restaurant group and their superb meat selection was evident. We thoroughly enjoyed our romantic dinner for two in the Cabin Club and will definitely go back for another great steak meal. Cabin Club was recommended by our Cleveland Rocky River family and friends while we visited from Reston Virgina. KUDOs to Cabin Club.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The finest quality steaks I've had the pleasure of enjoying in recent months!
Waitstaff personable and very efficient.
Prices may be considered 'high', but the quality and service far outweigh the cost!