“Better choices available”

Cuisines: American
Amherst
“Better choices available”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

With so many choices nearby (Crocker Park), this is not a good one. I went there for lunch recently and as it was a Friday during Lent, I had my taste buds ready for a baked potato, which was on their pick two menu. When I tried to place my order, I was told that the potatoes had just gone in the oven and wouldn't be ready for an hour. This was at noon! I ordered a caesar salad instead and was very disappointed in getting a small bunch of lettuce with some canned parmesan sprinkled on top. Not good at all!

• Visited March 2014

Virginia
“Average restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ate there for lunch - it was average at best. The waiter must have been new but I don't think anyone had trained him on how to provide good customer service. He wasn't terrible . . . just was not as responsive as we had hoped (didn't keep our water or iced tea glasses full, forgot to bring the ketchup, my wife had asked for hot tea but it came at the end of the meal). The hamburgers and french fries were tasty but nothing special. Bathrooms could have used a cleaning. There are other restaurants in the area and I would choose one of then over this place.

• Visited October 2013
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Chose to leave before we were seated”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by someone at the front desk of our hotel. We entered to find a very strong smell of fried food and no hostess or server. After waiting, briefly, we left.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank carolanddavid_12
Dennison, Ohio
“Suprisingly good”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stopped at this Max and Erma's after shopping at Crocker Park. The place was dead other than one table. I ordered a Medium Rare cheeseburger and it was perfectly cooked. My wife ordered one of her favorites. Fish tacos which she is very picky about. She said they were the best fish tacos she has ever had. That is saying bunches. We will return.

• Visited July 2013
Macomb, Michigan
“Could have been better”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Well, we ate at this location on the 4th of July. I'm giving some discount due to it being a holiday. The food was good and up to par. Our waiter was really slow and not very good. Maybe he was new or didn't want to work the holiday - hard to say. The food took a long time to arrive and our waiter really never came by to ask us how everything was or was there anything else we needed.
Again, food was good, but service was below average for this dinner.
Giving an average rating because the food was good and maybe the service was due to being the 4th of July.

Visited July 2013