“Very enjoyable”

White Oaks Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining, Six fireplaces, Scenic views hovering above the Cahoon Creek. Ducks, Deer, Squirrels, Chipmunks are fed daily. Don't be surprised to see wild turkeys, albino racoons, or hawks. Menu has a variety of selections including Filet Mignon, Rack of Lamb, Beef Wellinton, Veal Marsala, Atlantic Salmon, Twin Maine Lobster Tails just to name a few. Meals come with a tray of relishes and cottage cheese, fresh tossed house salad, homemade twiced baked potato, stir fry vegetable, and fresh in house baked bread from our exposed ovens ...served with honey chive butter. A former speakeasy during prohibition, the main hallway has remarkable memorabilia with old menus, pictures, adorning the walls for customers to enjoy. An overall grand experience awaits at White Oaks. Celebrating 88 years in business!!
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had a very enjoyable meal here last night. We had the tenderloin of pork and the salmon and we both enjoyed the meal. Waitress was pleasant and checked on us while we ate. The relish tray is a nice touch, the bread was warm, and the salads were crisp. The atmosphere was primarily for an older crowd however, there were a few children eating. We will keep this restaurant on our short list.

There are newer reviews for White Oaks Restaurant

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We showed up on Fri night without a recommended reservation. However, they were able to seat us overlooking the creek where we saw deer grazing and rabbits playing in the creek. It is such a lovely old place and our meal was great. I had the ahi tuna - excellent and done perfectly. My husband had the pork tenderloin which he loved. It is romantic, and with a Groupon, quite affordable. We paid less than a chain restaurant and enjoyed it immensely. We highly recommend White Oaks - for the history, ambience, and the food. I love the old-time relish tray with cottage cheese and carrot sticks!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Recommended by a family member. Several dining rooms. Ours was small and quaint and at a rear window with a lovely view. Food was good, but a little on the pricey side. Used a groupon. Would probably not go back without one.

1  Thank mickeyd29642
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Probably started as a Speakeasy, and one of the oldest restaurants on Cleveland's suburban west side. Nestled along the Cahoon Creek Valley in Westlake, White Oaks is still one of the bet restaurants around. I manage a visit almost every time I'm back in Cleveland for the old time ambiance, great food, fine service and a table overlooking the valley to the east. If you're in Cleveland for a visit, do try to make it out to White Oaks. I trust you will love it as much as I do.

2  Thank Will M
Reviewed June 13, 2013

As a special date to celebrate my wife's special birthday (we'll just say, it was a Big One), the two of us went to this restaurant on the far side of town. New to us, but an historic eatery on the west side, we were enticed by other favorable reviews. Unimpressed by the old facade and entry, I was inwardly unsure if my surprise pick might have been a mistake. Once inside, we were delighted to find it has such rich appointments, wood-work warmth and classy ambience in every room, with an extraordinary view of a babbling brook and wooded hillside from tables in the back room. Its history (as an old speak-easy) added to that character and helped explain its unassuming facade. The menu included favorites --- like Beef Wellington, Venison, etc. --- that demonstrate real culinary skills, when properly prepared. Everything was PERFECT! My wife had been waiting for years to find Beef Wellington so tasty, tender, and flaky. My Veal Marsala --- less of a culinary stretch but a personal favorite --- was absolutely the best I have every had anywhere! Every aspect of the meal --- from food quality, to ambience, to service --- exceeded our expectations, even when they had been raised by prior reviews. What a find!!! Our new favorite restaurant in the Cleveland area.

2  Thank GREG M