“Good food but very expensive”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 105 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food but very expensive”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Yards away one can eat the same food at half price. But if you got the money to spend, you cannot get wrong with this place.

Visited July 2012

Cleveland, Ohio
“Pricey, but good food”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I went here for Cleveland Independents Restaurant week. Disappointingly, the restaurant wasn't very up front about the deal they were offering for restaurant week. We had to ask about it before we were given the menu to choose from. However, once we received the food, it was very good. We both had steaks, which were cooked to our liking. The service was good, but not outstanding. Overall, too pricey for what you get on a regular basis.

• Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Disappointed in quality if the food”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Reservations honored, atmosphere good, waitstaff quite good.

Ordered the 'early night' special twin filet plate (cooked medium) (with lettuce wedge and baked potato) for $27.

Didn't look like any sort of filet cut I've seen. Didn't even taste like much of anything. It shouldn't be hard for any restaurant to deliver a steak that at least tastes like beef, especially one that prides themselves on steaks. This was flavorless, and I was sad. The potato was ok, an average size. The lettuce wedge was fresh, cold, crunchy, and the best part of the meal.

My wife also had an 'early night' special, the crab cake dinner. Three small crab cakes, also without much flavor or distinction. $20.

When I go to an upscale restaurant with upscale prices, I expect to have a nice meal. If I want food of this quality I can go to Denny's for cheaper (and quite possibly better tasting).

Maybe they cut quality corners on their 'early night' specials, hard to say. But for me the brand is spoiled, and I will have little reason to return.

• Visited November 2012
Strongsville, Ohio
“1st class steakhouse that also has great seafood”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The prime rib was fantastic! Try the side of sautéed spinach & mushrooms! Delicious! Prices are rather high.

• Visited September 2012
Catawba Island, Ohio
“Go Early”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

At an unplanned stop we caught a quick meal. The early meal selection is very good and won't drain your wallet like most of the regular entre's. I had the split tenderloin with side of lobster bisque and mushrooms which was more than one person needed. Wife had the salmon salad which was very generous and outstanding as well. Go before six to get this deal.

• Visited July 2012