Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Westlake
$98
$125
Hyatt.com
Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake(Westlake)(Great Value!)
$119
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Westlake(Westlake)(Great Value!)
$57
ExtendedStay
$109
$125
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgas fireplacebasketball courtthe penthousefull kitchencrocker parkpotatoesliving areaoutdoor poolmake your own waffleshome away from homesmall kitchenstaff was very friendlybagelshotel roomlarge grouppleasant stayhot breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I was taking a trip in Cleveland and I went to 9 hotels and they were fully booked. Then I met this nice lady at Hampton Inn and she told me that there was a room available in Residence Inn. So I went there and the pool was nice and I won more rewards cause I had a Marriott Rewards Card. I was greeted with A/C on when I got in, plates, glasses, silverware, pots and pans. Everything was nice and this was the best inn I ever stayed in

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for one night to attend a wedding nearby.

We had a problem on arrival, in that they had changed us from a 2 queen room to a one king room because the A/C in our room wasn't working. As a solution, they gave us another room upstairs with a king, at no charge. So, we got two rooms for the price of one. Although it wasn't ideal for our needs (didn't want to send my kids to a separate room at night--we only used the second room to shower), I thought the front desk handled the situation as best as could be expected. Please be advised this Residence Inn does not offer "bedrooms" in their standard suites. I was expecting a suite with a separate room or loft, but that is not what this hotel offers. We chose Residence Inn because we wanted a separate room to put the kids to bed, and this wasn't what we got--but again, not the fault of the hotel, I just misunderstood what i was getting.

We had a corner room near some woods and a shed, and overall, I just felt like the property had seen better days. Lots of potential but kind of worn-down. For example, there is landscaping throughout a creek-like middle section which has some pretty flowers, but then there are rocks and gross standing water in it. The room kitchen looked like something from the 1980's, and the layout was kind of weird, with the sitting area practically at the foot of the bed, and the (tiny) bathroom around the corner past the bed. The room was dark and did not seem very clean. Also, the A/C was so loud it kept us up much of the night, kind of like a train going through when it came on.

The breakfast area was packed and, again, kind of tired and worn, with full trash cans, and a constant 5 people deep line for Belgian waffles. Just buy another waffle maker, anyway!

The staff were very accomodating with the room problem, and, in all fairness, gave us a great price for the room, but I don't think I would choose this hotel again. I've stayed in much nicer Residence Inns with superior layouts and more updated everything.

This hotel just needs a good cosmetic upgrading and some attention to detail, especially with the cleaning. The front desk staff members were very nice and helpful though!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marie S
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed during a move and extended the stay several times because the delivery of my furniture was delayed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location convenient, the rooms well-equipped. The guest laundry room was small, only three washers and two were not working when I was trying to do laundry. Front desk staff were wonderful, but the front desk seemed understaffed. The phone was not always answered in a timely way.

Room Tip: My room was near the basketball court. It was sometimes noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We selected the Residence Inn for a six-night temporary stay for me, my wife, my daughter-in-law and our two grandchildren, 14 mo. and 1 mo., after their furniture was picked up and prior to flying to Los Angeles (our son was driving their car cross-country) for their relocation. The Residence Inn was a real treat. We chose the two bedroom suite with two full bathrooms--loads of space. The facility provided two temporary cribs for the infants and an expanding gate to block the stairs to the loft bedroom. The staff was so friendly and helpful in every way. Breakfast (complimentary) was a treat with a full selection of hot and cold items including REAL scrambled eggs and waffles. The breakfast area was clean and inviting. Our rooms were refreshed daily and changed twice during the stay by a friendly and helpful staff. The entire facility, including the rooms, was maintained very clean and inviting. We had a great stay and will select Residence Inns in the future.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites have loads of space, two full bathrooms, and readily accommodate two couples or four adults. They are a bargain.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The staff is nice and the rooms are clean. However, this hotel is in need of some basic maintenance and updating. In our kitchen cabinet below the sink, there was a large hole underneath the trash can. The closet doors kept getting stuck. The toliet ran and when it was fixed, the toliet became hard to flush.

If you want your room cleaned at a later time, make sure to call the front desk. If the cleaning crew comes by in the morning and you're not ready for the room to be cleaned, they will not come back to check. However, if you call and make arrangements, they are very nice about it.

The bed was very lumpy.

This is also one of the more expensive Residence Inn's in the area. We travel to this area quite a bit but stayed here because some other family members were nearby. If you have to be in Westlake, this is a great location. But if you don't, look elsewhere.

I was also surprised that they only had a "happy hour" two nights a week and didn't serve cookies at night. No, that's not a deal breaker, but is inconsistent with other Residence Inn's I've stayed at in this area and throughout the country.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family