“Very good food, not the cheapest.”
Review of Little Budapest - CLOSED

Little Budapest
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My family and I have been going here for years, by now, and we really enjoy the food. You get quite a bit--of course, if you order the lunch portion, you don't get as much, so naturally you should order the larger portion if you are hungry enough. Usually whatever you order comes with a small salad and one side dish. My family is big fans of the chicken paprikash, veal paprikash and weiner schnitzel. I also have grown up in a German and Hungarian house, and we enjoy the food very much. It all depends on your own personal taste. I will say that the prices have certainly gone up, which is our main complaint. It's the same food, but you're paying more. The service can be not so good... it depends on who you get. We had a very nice young man from Europe waiting on us for a long time who was top notch, very friendly and prompt. But some of the other servers are not friendly at all and it's hard to get their attention. The owner is very gruff, but give the guy some credit, he runs a restaurant! Keep in mind most, if not all, of the people who work here speak little english, they're all from Europe and trying to make their way. At least you know the food is authentic!

3  Thank TrinityDiodore

Reviewed July 24, 2011

VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!!That is how we felt after our 1st visit.Compared to Tony Packo's
(Authentic Hungarian) and Babushka's(Authentic Polish) the food was Very bland,the
portions were small and the price was considerably more expensive.So ther eyou have it
Smaller portions,less taste and more expensive.NOT a good combination to justify a return visit.NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

4  Thank toledoroy
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I have been wanting to try this restaurant for some time now. The service was poor, had to ask for water twice and server seemed to be bothered to wait on table. I ordered the chicken salad. Small, bland and over priced. Chicken soup over priced and small. The booth had a broken cushion, very uncomfortable. Waste of time and money. We won't be spending our money there again.

3  Thank NancyNurse9
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I had the Budapest plate, which consisted of chicken paprikas, schnitzel and stuffed cabbage, along with spaetzle. The quality of the food was excellent, the plate was ample. There are two potential criticisms. First, it was not cheap, the entree was $25. They did offer an early bird special before 5 PM on weekdays which looked to be a better deal. They had Dobos Torte, but it was a little dry. But, as mentioned in the other review there is a limited market for Hungarian cuisine.

2  Thank Adam_KO
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I come from a Hungarian family so I know Hungarian cooking. This place may be fine for those that want a causual, out of the ordinary type of meal but for those that know their Hungarian food I think this will be a dissapointment.
I think the food was awfully bland ( I was told by a companian the goulish was spicy though) and expensive. I had a entree that was a special that day (Sunday) of something like a Hungarian sampler. They have a different special each day.
We ate there in the afternoon and the cook who Im sure was also the owner was waiting tables too. I think he had a server call in. Its a small place with a sperate bar but while we were there I saw two or three other tables which isn't bad for the odd time we ate there. All in all maybe I would eat there again because finding a Hungarian resturant is difficult and there is no competion for this type of menu.

2  Thank redwhiskeypete