“Great hotel and convenient location”

Courtyard Cleveland Westlake
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
“Great hotel and convenient location”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times for both business and pleasure. The hotel has just been modernized in the lobby and I suspect that the rooms are following along soon too as many of the Courtyard properties are. The rooms are clean and tidy, and the bed was comfortable. For. Super busy hotel location the property is maintained very nicely indeed.

There is a Carabbas across the parking lot from the hotel and so a great meal is about a minute away walking, also there is a second Italian restaurant and a BBQ type restaurant close also. This is very close to the newer Clevelenad Clinic location on Columbia Road.

You can be on Interstate 90 within 2 to 3 minutes and lots of entertainment and food in the area including the Crocker Park shopping area one exit away to the west where there is practically anything that you want along with a movie afterwards.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ludlow
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was spotless, modern and the woman at the desk when we arrived at 130 in the morning was so pleasant and extremely helpful. I will stay at this hotel next time I go to Ohio. We were in town for my fathers funeral and she pointed out there is a special rate for this so we saved more than AAA was goin to save us.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Dawn L
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Have stayed here through the years for business. The lobby looks great but the rooms are so tired looking. Plus the dust ruffle at the top of my bed is filthy. Dusty and dirty. Gross. Beds are so old and soft. Towels thin. Next time I will return to the Hilton Garden Inn at the Cleveland Airport. Not worth the price. Marriott fix this property up. It is a prime location!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Srocc20655
Old Hickory, Tennessee
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was a great hotel. The rooms were very clean. The sheets, the towels, floors, and baths were pretty close to immaculate. The only complaint is that there is no complimentary breakfast. They have coffee, but otherwise they have a cafe sort of set-up and a little snack shop. There are several restaurants within walking distance and several more within minutes driving distance. All of the staff were friendly and wanted to be helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed a week at this hotel for training. I was picked up by a van hired by the business that was training us but I dont think the hotel offers pick-up from the airport. The lobby is nice when you walk-in, they have a small store where they sell snacks and other personal items. They have a microwave available there. The hotel restaurant is small but they do offer breakfast, lunch and dinner - the menu isn't that big. Right outside the hotel doors are two Italian restaurants - Carrabbas and something else. Within easy, walking distance to the left is a bar/grill and also an Outback Steakhouse. I was informed by another person who was in the same training program as I that there was a gas station that you could walk to but I didnt look for it. The toughest thing is being at the hotel when you dont have a car. You are stuck unless you take a taxi and I dont think the hotel offers a shuttle to take you anywhere, I didnt ask because I was there to study. The rooms are comfortable, if you want a nice quiet room ask for it when you are making your reservation. You can also ask for a fridge. Internet access isnt too bad but beware if you want to stream movies, there will be a lag. Front desk people are nice, I forgot to bring a razor and they gave me one for free. If you need late check-out the latest they can do it for is 2pm otherwise you will be charged an extra night. Pay attention and see if breakfast was included in your room rate - mine was but no one told me when I checked-in. The hotel has a small pool, 5 feet at its deepest point along with a hot tub. They offer an area where you can print your airline boarding pass for free. The hotel is also located right next to the interstate and I was surprised to discover that trains go by the hotel also. The noise from either of these never bothered me at night and I sleep pretty light when I travel. My biggest complaint was the sound of the A/C which to me was pretty loud each time it would kick on. Other than that, everything was just average - the hotel didnt feel old or anything but the bathroom could use something - new lights maybe or better wallpaper or paint. They do have a coffeemaker, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, also you get a free USA Today newspaper each morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from everyone with a fridge, they will typically accomodate these types of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank xwarrior26
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here for five long nights to attend training. At midnight, on my first night, I pulled down my bed cover and discovered that someone really hairy slept in my bed....obviously, housekeeping never cleaned my room before I checked in, because in addition to the hairy sheets, there was food in my fridge. I switched rooms. There definitely is something wrong with the house keeping management. The room overall needed to be really cleaned. On my last day, I noticed that the complimentary bottle of water left for me was half drunk! Nice, so dirty sheets, room, and someone drinks my free water. Stay away from this hotel!

Room Tip: Stay away, unless you bring your own sheets and towels.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Hotel has remodeled lobby and lounge but the rooms could have used some help. Not horrible but not the worst either. Modern technologies are here like LCD TV and Free Internet but the rooms simply looked worn and in need of cosmetic refreshing.

Food in the lounge was good, fresh fruit, fresh ingredients and no mystery foods.

Overall was happy, but for the rate of $140 per night the rooms should be improved.

• Stayed May 2012